Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Gigs Rant

Options
  • 16-02-2018 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Went to jake bugg last night in Whelans acoustic gig very slow and quite, why can't people shut up? Stop talking and listening, you spent 30 quid to listen to him, if you want to talk go into Ryan's stick 4 euro into the jukebox and listen to the songs you know! Irrates the life out of me, i really think it's an Irish thing tough, been to Glasgow Manchester Rome and they don't talk! Rant over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Maybe they should employ a shusher in all venues. Larry David did a valiant job in Curb.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Bout one of these rants a week at this stage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭MoonshineMonty

It's very much not just in Ireland. People go to concerts and they don't have a huge interest in who's playing and they don't care who's around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Bout one of these rants a week at this stage

Yeah OP post in the one already in the forum and lock this one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Also, you paid money to see Jake Bugg. You should be thanking the people that talked over his turgid nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

I got shushed at that outdoor Blur gig a few years back and haven't been to a gig since and I made the decision never to attend an outdoor gig again, get a life like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

spodoinkle wrote: »
    I got shushed at that outdoor Blur gig a few years back and haven't been to a gig since and I made the decision never to attend an outdoor gig again, get a life like.

What were you doing that warranted a shushing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

People pay money to hear the artists, not your chatter.

Or are you one of those people who think they're hilarious and shout at the musician for their entire set?

OP, I couldn't agree more. I saw jake bugg in dolans a few months back and the amount of people talking and taking stupid Snapchat photos and videos did my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

People paid to hear Blur, not your conversation.

If you were shushed badly enough to put you off gigs, I doubt the shusher was the problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The deepest darkest pits of hell are reserved for people who need to be told to shut up at gigs. When the time comes for you to shuffle off this mortal coil, the burning gates of Satans fiery abyss will be your home for all eternity.

Winged serpents will peck out your eyeballs, woken gargoyles will gnaw your flesh down to the bone, evil gnomes will smash your teeth with scorching pokers while the Blur gig you should've been listening to is played at deafening volume through Lucifer's evil distorted sound system as you shriek in agony like a hungry gibbon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Good, one less yakker. Hope may more follow suit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm now ssshhing this thread. Use t'other one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement