Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a place in Tallaght

Options
  • 16-02-2018 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying a place in Tallaght and have seen a 2 bed apartment for sale in St Maelruan's Courtyard (St Maelruan's Park).
    I don't know Tallaght too well but this wouldn't be far from the Luas, square, village and M50.
    Would St Maelruan's be a good area to live in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I grew up in the next estate. Nice part of Tallaght and Tallaght really jas everything you need. St Maelruans is lovely, very settled. 5 minutes drive to the M50, 5 minutes drive to the Square shopping centre. Luas is about 20 minutes walk away realistically. Then 45 minute journey to town. You'd have to walk through Sean Walsh park and on through the Square SC the get to it, or to Tallaght Village and past Tallaght IT. There's a 77a bus to town every 20 minutes or so at peak times, takes 30/40 minutes from St Maelruans. Also the 75 to Dun Laoghaire via Dundrum which takes a very scenic route lasting up to 90 minutes to Dun Laoghaire! Lots of buses from Tallaght Village to town/Crumlin/Harolds X. Village is about 10/15 minutes walk from St Maelruans and has a few take aways, a Spar, Iceland, good off licence, bowling alley, barbers/hairdressers, florist, pet shop, launderette, banks, lots of solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Don't know the area too well but it would be around 20 minutes walk to the Luas. Never hear much about it, presume its fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

We bought in Watergate just around the corner 4 years ago. Im not a native but my wife is and I think its a grand spot. Quiet and pretty much everything you need is on your doorstep.
    Cut through the park and the square and the Luas stop is a 10 min walk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

10 minutes to front door of Square from Watergate; Luas on far side of Square. St maelruans court apartments are closer to Old Bawn pitches than the park so definitely another stretch to add to the walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Sefo

Thanks for all the info, I thought it looked like an ok area alright when I walked around the other morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,917 ✭✭✭appledrop

It would be an older part of Tallaght + quieter area much more settled with a lot of privately owned houses.

Advertisement