Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 175 Bank Drafts for me and my wife

Options
  • 16-02-2018 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi I have an issue, I need 2 bank drafts for 175 eur each for me and my wife to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Their position is:
    The Statutory Application Fee of €175 in the form of a Banker’s Draft only, made payable to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Postal Orders, personal or business cheques are not acceptable.
    But as I found out today BOI do minimum 500 drafts, I've checked with AIB and Ulster they provide such services, but I need to open account there, I was thinking is there any way to solve this issue within a bank? As I want to avoid opening accounts in other bank just to get draft their.  
    Thank you. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

kooper wrote: »
    Hi I have an issue, I need 2 bank drafts for 175 eur each for me and my wife to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Their position is:
    The Statutory Application Fee of €175 in the form of a Banker’s Draft only, made payable to the Secretary General, Department of Justice and Equality. Postal Orders, personal or business cheques are not acceptable.
    But as I found out today BOI do minimum 500 drafts, I've checked with AIB and Ulster they provide such services, but I need to open account there, I was thinking is there any way to solve this issue within a bank? As I want to avoid opening accounts in other bank just to get draft their.
    Thank you.
    Hi Kooper,

Thanks for posting here on Boards.

The minimum amount you can purchase a draft for is €500. If you require a Draft for a Government Body who specify that they can only accept drafts, there is an exception for this.

Please see here to find a suitable branch near you with counter service where you can purchase your drafts.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭kooper

Thank you for your reply.

Will try once again on Monday in my Athlone branch, as assistant there was quite categorical on 500 hundred only drafts, I've tried to explain that this is government body and they won't except anything but draft, didn't have much luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

kooper wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.

Will try once again on Monday in my Athlone branch, as assistant there was quite categorical on 500 hundred only drafts, I've tried to explain that this is government body and they won't except anything but draft, didn't have much luck with it.
    Hi Kooper,

We're sorry to hear this.

We'll be sure to contact the branch in relation to this.  

Feel free to PM us by clicking the link below my name if you'd like us to follow up with you.

Thanks again,
    Jane

Advertisement