Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time-traveller' who passed lie detector test gets global attention

• 16-02-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

AI is set to rule the world and trump gets a second term

As much as I love reading about the future and time travel I doubt the authenticy

Fist 3 points are kinda obvious

Anyone like to weigh in
    Among his predictions is the claim that Google Glass-style robotics will spread across the globe.

Technology will also have developed to the point where it will be able to independently run a home.

Bitcoin will be increasingly popular but pennies and cents will still be in use.

In 2030 he says the US president is a mysterious figure called Ilana Remikee.

He also suggests global warming has caused temperatures in North America to increase while Europe has cooled.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/918692/time-travel-proof-2030-trump-artificial-intelligence-apocalypse-aliens-end-of-the-world

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Lie detector tests are hardly fool proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Lie detector tests are hardly fool proof.

I agree . Plus the whole thing sounds propstorius

My question is
    If a real time traveler ever came back
    would anyone believe him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Google couldn't even make Google Glass catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Sin City wrote: »

My question is
    would anyone believe him

If they gave proper predictions near term. That or if they were half cyborg and shot laser out of their eyes... then maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

My question is
    would anyone believe him

It's hard to say what kind of proof would be acceptable. If the butterfly effect is strong enough, then his presence in our time might be enough to send ripples out that would change the future and make his predictions useless. Maybe if he had a few examples of amazing technology that was decades ahead of its time, that would be strong evidence. Or, if he brought the time-travel technology with him and made it available to the public, that would be proof.

• Advertisement

Bet if you ask him to predict anything that will happen in the next week or two, he'll go very quiet....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Gravelly wrote:
    Bet if you ask him to predict anything that will happen in the next week or two, he'll go very quiet....
    Liverpool & Man City will progress to the quarter finals the Champions League.

Sounds legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭donegal_man

The Express has at least a few of these sort of stories every day. It's pure click bait along with their "eating this will prevent ...........", "immigrants destroying NHS", "world will end on Tuesday" rubbish. It's essentially a daily version of "Weekly World News" with added racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Surely if he is a time traveler then they are not "predictions"...

Gravelly wrote: »
    As was said if he came back he could alter the past so hes future could be slightly different to our future so hes predictions may never be accurate even if they were true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

My question is
    would anyone believe him

And why don't others come back and stop him revealing all.....

The Express has at least a few of these sort of stories every day. It's pure click bait along with their "eating this will prevent ...........", "immigrants destroying NHS", "world will end on Tuesday" rubbish. It's essentially a daily version of "Weekly World News" with added racism.

Its not just them though

Plenty of other sources are reporting it , Express was just the 1st link I saw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Surely finding our times Noah, and comparing his DNA to time traveller Noah would be much more a reliable indicator of the veracity of his time travel claim than the psuedo science of polygraphs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

He claims the Donald will get re-elected in 2020, hard to doubt now.

Can't seem to get any odds for lana Remikee POTUS 2030, as he predicted.
    Perhaps because there isn't likely even to be an election that year.

As was said if he came back he could alter the past so hes future could be slightly different to our future so hes predictions may never be accurate even if they were true

That's handy.

"I've got a 22 inch willy"

"Take it out and prove it then"

"I can't, if I take it out in daylight it shrinks to 6 inches"

Riskymove wrote: »

That would assume they know
    perhaps hes a rougue scientist gone back in time to warn us about the future

The end is nigh my friends
    Kiss your loved ones goodbye and await the inevitable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,855 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sounds like he's against using the time machine for financial gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Did he happen to mention anything about Cheltenham?

Sounds like he's against using the time machine for financial gain.

Tell that to all the lads gone off to buy cheap bitcoin now that he's said it's a good investment.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

In fairness I can see his point. If he tells us too much information about the near future it will disrupt the time continuum. Even the fact we are discussing this now means he's probably caused a ripple and hopefully adjusted the future.

• Advertisement

Still though
    Could be a self fulfilling prophesy

Trump reads or see this on youtube
    says right I can see now from this time traveler I will a second term
    So I will run again in the next election

Still though
    Could be a self fulfilling prophesy

Trump reads or see this on youtube
    says right I can see now from this time traveler I will a second term
    So I will run again in the next election

Causing the mysterious Ilana Remikee to rise up in anger and vow to wrest the presidency from him....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,488 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In fairness I can see his point. If he tells us too much information about the near future it will disrupt the time continuum. Even the fact we are discussing this now means he's probably caused a ripple and hopefully adjusted the future.

Or you know, it's a convenient excuse to avoid making predictions that would be quickly be proven wrong.

However he could easily point to natural disasters that would not be affect by what's being talked about.
    Or he could point to new astronomical events or discoveries that would be easy to check and verify.
    Or he could point to some information that couldn't be known now, but could be easily verified, like for an example, the location of a sunken ship which is currently unknown, but is discovered in the future.
    There's tons of ways that he could prove he's a time traveller.

He's not even a particularly good hoax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Gravelly wrote: »
    Causing the mysterious Ilana Remikee to rise up in anger and vow to wrest the presidency from him....

Think he said she was the granddaughter of MLKing, and would become 'the pres' mid-term of Donald v2's in 2030, at the age of 21. The last thing she probably needs now is a few million unverified twitter follower requests whilst learning about elementary maths, rhymes or dinosaurs names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

"Ilana Ramikee" is an anagram of "I am a keen liar". Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Anyhow, sure isn't Donald trump meant to be a time traveller as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Total bollocks

Riskymove wrote: »

robert-patrick-terminator.jpg?w=780

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Total bollocks

Total & Utter Bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Who did the lie detector test, and the guy face is blocked he looks like 16 years old. Hardly had the life experience to be going through the time lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Where's the video of the lie detector test? I just saw a guy on video with a blood pressure monitor cuff on his arm and some graphics and sound effects added in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

My great great great grandson says he never heard of him. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

If he's from the future he can give me the numbers to this week's Euromillions!

jaxxx wrote: »
    If he's from the future he can give me the numbers to this week's Euromillions!

Off hand what were the numbers from last week?

This guy is mental or brazen, but he's unlikely to have randomly memorised the Irish lotto numbers for week beginning 12th of March, 2018. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

There are loads of time travellers on the horse racing forum
    "horse A won't win"
    "horse B wins by a street"
    "even if he starts now he's not winning"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

That is not a proper lie detector test which is in itself nonsesnse. But to do it properly there should be control questions and each questions should be yes or no. google the lie of the lie detector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭briany

The predictions remind me of the stuff callers would come out with on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell. They'd come out with a few that sounded plausible (at the time), plus one or two more fantastical ones to really whet your appetite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

whatever he says has a 50% chance of being right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Stephen Hawking once put an ad in a newspaper inviting time travellers to a party in his house....the previous week. No one attended.

If time travel is theoretically possible, then surely its possible in years to come, even if it takes a thousand years. Then surely someone would travel back to this time? Unless there is an apartheid on the 20th / 21st century....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

He said also if you type Google into Google search bar it breaks the tinternet.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think he said that Wenger was still in charge at Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Did he put up the lotto numbers yet¿¿¿

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭daheff

Stephen Hawking once put an ad in a newspaper inviting time travellers to a party in his house....the previous week. No one attended.

If time travel is theoretically possible, then surely its possible in years to come, even if it takes a thousand years. Then surely someone would travel back to this time? Unless there is an apartheid on the 20th / 21st century....

Hawking was a dumb smart person. All this exercise proves is that nobody turned up at his party...not that time travel doesnt exist.

So what if the time travellers didnt read his newspaper? What if time travellers only invented time travel well into the future and never came back to the week of the invite.....so didnt know to go to his party?

Or what if time travellers just didnt want to go to his party?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I think he said that Wenger was still in charge at Arsenal.

Man City are going to win the League apparently.

daheff wrote: »
    Hawking was a dumb smart person.

Really :o:rolleyes: You think he didn't know? :pac: It was a publicity stunt, I think the man that discovered black holes aren't permanent and dissipate due to Hawking :P Radiation knew as much as you about what the limitations of this "experiment".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭ShowMeTheCash

So there is hollywood time travel and there is time travel in the altering of how matter or information moves through time.

Time travel forward is possible, we are doing it right now, but for the most part we are all doing it at the same pace.

I think a good example and how to think about it is:
    Mass, time and speed all have an impact on each other.

For example if two people sit on a park bench stationary we can suggest that all energy is being utilised by time and no energy is being spent by speed by both people at the same value.

Lets call the total value 100.

However if one person stands up and started walking some of this energy is transfered to the movement/speed of the object (person).

Speed = 10 for the person now walking which means time = 90
    Person still sitting is still putting 100 to time and 0 to speed.

This causes a time dilation and the perceived time is now different for the two people.

What we are really talking about is the time travel back in time.

The idea that a person or a thing will travel back in time is probably the result of too many movies.

The real question is, would it be possible to transfer information?
    If time travel is possible, it will not be people or flying cars, it will be photons and possible information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

If time traveller was able to come back in time he going to be able to recall events in a clear and concise manner in an informational way that people would not know. Just say he went back to 1856 he probably be able to talk about real people and what happened and take souvenirs. Vague information that you can find out on the internet is a red flag. There is no evidence time travel exists period, at least so far:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭yoke

lie detector test is a load of bull****.

backward time travel as seen in movies - it doesn't make sense to me, unless you can first travel outside the universe. Which in itself doesn't make sense, since the "universe" encompasses "everything".

Then again, a lot of things don't make sense.

Imagine an object moving away from you at the speed of light in one direction. Now imagine a second object also moving directly away from you in the exact opposite direction to the first, also at the speed of light.
    Relative to the second object, you should be moving at the speed of light in the same direction as the first object, and the first object should be moving at twice the speed of light in the same direction as you, thus breaking the speed-of-light limit, right? Apparently not.

Another thought experiment:

Imagine a stiff object 10 billion kilometres in length, floating in space. If you rotated it from it's middle point at the rate of 1 rotation per second, each of the ends should be moving at a speed in excess of 5 billion kilometres per second, breaking the speed of light. Instead, you get a spiral "wet noodle" effect.

If time travel as seen in movies is possible, then it means we never reached the stage to be able to use it.

Advertisement