Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long to wait for a decent coffee

• 16-02-2018 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Had a coffee in Bear Market today.

Ordered a Cappuccino (It was an 8oz which I believe is the perfect size for a cappuccino) which i was pleasantly surprised came in at €3.10 and a Double Espresso at €2.50 (again not bad for Dublin).

Tasted great, only issue was there was a 5 minute delay between the two coffees being delivered.

I find this the most frustrating thing about this type of coffee shop, the service is usually unbelievably slow.

Whats the general view on an acceptable wait for your coffee from ordering to getting it into your mitts?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Were they (staff) yakking to each other behind the counter? Been there twice, live about a mile away, once was actually enough. Thought the coffee was average, service bad and bag of beans, I found out when I got home ......well out of date. My fault for not checking.

That was about two years ago......would never darken the doorway again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Tasted great, only issue was there was a 5 minute delay between the two coffees being delivered.

I find this the most frustrating thing about this type of coffee shop, the service is usually unbelievably slow.

Whats the general view on an acceptable wait for your coffee from ordering to getting it into your mitts?
    Whatever about their possibly being delays, that is unacceptable and small cafes have no excuse. I can fire out 10 orders in that time and still have a high standard retained. I would never serve two drinks with such a time apart unless there was a special reason, especially not when one of them doesn't require any extra work.

Did you let them know?

Advertisement