Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOUND CELLAR REFUSING TO REFUND RANDY NEWMAN TIX

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Echoplex wrote: »
    Contents of Registered Post are not insured and the recipient would not be at home to sign. There is no dispute as to who bought what tickets. They are of no value to anyone else as Sound Cellar will not refund them to any stranger that walks in. We have supplied them a note/poster to warn people off trying. Sound Cellar are absurdly refusing to refund without return of valueless lost tickets for a gig which will not happen.
    Obviously Aiken cannot charge Sound Cellar a cent.
    There is physical evidence. iyfxvc.jpg

Express post costs 25 cent more than registered post and doesn't need to be signed for.

For future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Echoplex

Please read the posts before making nonsensical and untrue comments. The tickets were bought by a regular customer in the Shop in Dublin. Returning them, signed for post was not an option for reasons already stated. I rang my local Post Office and checked again just now. They have stated again that there is no An Post service which would insure contents.

Aiken will not charge Sound Cellar for the 50 allocated tickets. If he has charged up front, it will be entirely refunded irrespective of whether the tickets are unsold, lost, not returned, etc. etc. Tommy Tighe will pay nothing.

A lot of you here are supporting Sound Cellar keeping our money because we can't produce the missing tickets which are of no resale value and can only be refunded to us. I am quite sure the Small Claims Court will see this more from a regular customer point of view. Or from simply the fact that Sound Cellar took €490 when the tickets were of value, and now refuses to return it when the tickets have become valueless.

DD

• Registered Users Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Aiken will not charge Sound Cellar for the 50 allocated tickets. If he has charged up front, it will be entirely refunded irrespective of whether the tickets are unsold, lost, not returned, etc. etc. Tommy Tighe will pay nothing

DD

You keep saying this, but have no proof. How do you propose SC get the money back from Aiken if they refund you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

OP I understand you are frustrated with not being able to get your money back, but without a ticket or receipt you are not getting it back.

Time to accept that fact. Getting annoyed at people on boards is not going to help you or get you your money.

Just think about it from SC's point for a moment. Whats to have stopped you selling these on to somebody else who might come looking for a refund in the future?

If SC refunded you and then the ticket holder turns up wanting a refund, they are entitled to the refund (as they physically hold the ticket). The ticket is a bearer instrument....no ticket and you dont get into the show. No show, no ticket and you dont get your money back. It doesnt matter that you tell SC you bought them. they probably know well you did, but they are protecting themselves in case somebody else claims the cash refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

This thread will work against you if any action takes place as a result of it, either yourself or another party.

Unregistered post. End of story. No one else has to take on the liability of that, except yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Please read the posts before making nonsensical comments. The tickets were bought by a regular customer in Dublin. Returning them , signed for post was not an option for reasons already stated.

Aiken will not charge Sound Cellar for the 50 allocated tickets. If he has charged up front, it will be entirely refunded irrespective of whether the tickets are unsold, lost, not returned, etc. etc. Tommy Tighe will pay nothing.

A lot of you here are supporting Sound Cellar keeping our money because we can't produce the missing tickets which are of no resale value and can only be refunded to us. I am quite sure the Small Claims Court will see this more from a regular customer point of view. Or from simply the fact that Sound Cellar took €490 when the tickets were of value, and now refuses to return it when the tickets have become valueless.

DD

They really, really won't! Sound Cellar contract is probably with ticketmaster, they won't refund sound cellar.

You need to hand back the tickets, it is not sound cellars fault that isn't possible. It's not hard to follow. You'll get laughed out if court on it, just cos the tickets are "valueless' to you now, the other companies need the proof.

If they were sent registered, it could be followed with An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

There is physical evidence.

Photographic evidence is what that is, if you had the physical evidence there'd be no need for this thread and you would've had a refund no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It would be great if you guys read the detail before replying. Ticketmaster have no part in this.
    Your ticket clearly has ticketmaster on it. I would take down the image BTW unless you want another one potentially lost.

Did Aiken confirm they sell direct to SC? Did SC confirm they have nothing to do wtih TM? Did Aiken confirm they do NOT need the ticket back as you suggest?

I know TM have requested tickets back for some cancelled gigs I was going to, even if paid for by CC

Again, please read before posting.
    Sound Cellar got the tickets directly from Aiken Promotions. The 50 in question are known numbered and have Sound Cellar printed on them.
    They are cheaper because they avoid TicketMaster charges.

It would be absurd for Peter Aiken, to try to charge Tommy for tickets for a cancelled gig.

ir7r0l.jpg

DD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Please read the posts before making nonsensical and untrue comments. The tickets were bought by a regular customer in the Shop in Dublin. Returning them, signed for post was not an option for reasons already stated. I rang my local Post Office and checked again just now. They have stated again that there is no An Post service which would insure contents.

DD

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Sending+Mail/Security/Registered+Post.htm
    This is actually funny.

• Advertisement

Sound Cellar got the tickets directly from Aiken Promotions. The 50 in question are known numbered and have Sound Cellar printed on them.

It would be absurd for Peter Aiken, to try to charge Tommy a cent for tickets for a cancelled gig.

DD

And if he's already paid for them??

It would be absurd for Peter Aiken, to try to charge Tommy a cent for tickets for a cancelled gig.

DD

If SC can't prove they sold all the tickets, they won't get a penny for those from Aiken.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sound Cellar got the tickets directly from Aiken Promotions.
    I did read, it was not 100% clear. The fact you do not answer my other questions makes it all a bit more clear though!

rubadub wrote: »
    I did read, it was not 100% clear. The fact you do not answer my other questions makes it all a bit more clear though!

It's still not clear, if SC got tickets "directly" from Aiken, why are they Ticketmaster branded?

If SC can't prove they sold all the tickets, they won't get a penny for those from Aiken.

As the gig is cancelled Aiken will obviously refund ALL of the money irrespective. No show no money.
    Peter Aiken is known decent man, he will certainly not do something unfair.

All the SC allocated tickets were sold. As the gig is cancelled Aiken will obviously refund ALL of the money irrespective. No show no money.

And how do Aiken know all allocated tickets were sold? Surely they'd need the tickets back for proof??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

All the SC allocated tickets were sold. As the gig is cancelled Aiken will obviously refund ALL of the money irrespective. No show no money.

How do you know that's the way it works between Aiken/Ticketmaster and SC.

I can't believe you didn't register the tickets. Even if it didn't provide insurance, it would have at least provided guaranteed delivery.

How do you know that's the way it works between Aiken/Ticketmaster and SC.

We have been in touch and in the Shop seven times. Each time a new stalling tactic. None credible.
    All we ask is that we are told when all of the 44 Sound Cellar tickets are returned, leaving our six outstanding.
    Then refund. Within a reasonable time period. Say 1st April.

I can't believe you didn't register the tickets. Even if it didn't provide insurance, it would have at least provided guaranteed delivery.

Registered Delivery does not provide insurance. But it does require a signature at the receiving end. The lady's place of employment makes signed delivery to a specific employee impossible. Registered is to one person only. The tickets are of no resale value as the shop accepts the identity of the single purchaser.

DD

Hang on, the tickets are €70 each and you had 4 of them? Even in Cork maths that doesn't add up to €490

As the gig is cancelled Aiken will obviously refund ALL of the money irrespective. No show no money.
    Peter Aiken is known decent man, he will certainly not do something unfair.

No they won't. They'll want proof that the tickets were genuinely sold. Lost tickets in the post is the grown up concert goer version of the dog ate my homework

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Hang on, the tickets are €70 each and you had 4 of them? Even in Cork maths that doesn't add up to €490

6 were bought overall. Two can and will be refunded

Mushy wrote: »
    6 were bought overall. Two can and will be refunded

Still only €420

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The lady's place of employment does not allow signed deliveries to employees.

This is hardly SC's fault or concern.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Still only €420

I was going to say fees, but not through SC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Soundcellar obviously pay for so many tickets up front.

When a gig is cancelled and refunds need issuing I'd imagine soundcellar will take the ticket back they sold and issue a refund to the customer.

Then they send the tickets back to Aiken / Ticketmaster and they are refunded.

Even if they know you bought the ticket they must need to hand them over so they get their money back.

And they aren't going to loose out on 400 quid because the tickets were lost through no fault of their own.

If they say you need the tickets, you need the tickets, Doesn't matter if there's no gig or not.

The only fault here lies with the Postman, and a neighbour who put the envelop back into the post, not bothering to ask any of the 16 neighbours which house is our friend's. 10 yards away btw. They put the envelope back into the post box. Postman recognised it when it came out again, and classified it as undeliverable, again gobsmacklingly not asking which house. That is not really the issue here. It is one of reasonableness and fairness between Sound Cellar and a Regular Ticket Customer.
    SC are certainly at fault for not immediately refunding the known four tickets, and promising to refund the other if they do not return.

Sound Cellar have 6x70 = 420 Euros of our money. The gave us six tickets in exchange. Those tickets now no longer apply to any forthcoming gig due to the cancellation. They are not a legal tender, they have no intrinsic value. We and SC know with certainty the numbers of four of those tix currently. They will not refund anyone else bearing them. Aiken cannot charge for them or will obviously refund as there is no show. So what is the hold up? What does anyone need the actual tickets FOR? Stating or Repeating that they do because they do, is not a reason, nor reasonable nor fair.

There are two other tickets with numbers unknown to us as they are not part of the table. If somebody at An Post steals them and gets a refund from SC, so be it. But if two or four tickets remain not returned by April 1st, why on earth would Tommy Tighe not return our money on the basis of reasonability and fairness to a Regular Customer?

Sound Cellar have 7x70 = 490 Euros of our money. The gave us tickets in exchange. Those tickets do not apply to any forthcoming gig due to the cancellation. Everyone will be refunded. We know, and they accept the numbers of four of those tix currently, and will not refund anyone else for them. Aiken cannot charge for them as there is no show. So what is the hold up?
    There are two other tickets with numbers unknown to us as they are not part of the table. If somebody at An Post steals them and gets a refund from SC, so be it. But if two or four tickets remain not returned by April 1st, why on earth would Tommy Tighe not return our money on the basis of reasonability?

7 tickets? Thought it was 6?

And again I ask, how do you know SC haven't already handed the ticket money over to Aiken/Ticketmaster??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Soundcellar obviously pay for so many tickets up front.

When a gig is cancelled and refunds need issuing I'd imagine soundcellar will take the ticket back they sold and issue a refund to the customer.

Then they send the tickets back to Aiken / Ticketmaster and they are refunded.

Even if they know you bought the ticket they must need to hand them over so they get their money back.

And they aren't going to loose out on 400 quid because the tickets were lost through no fault of their own.

If they say you need the tickets, you need the tickets, Doesn't matter if there's no gig or not.
    OP, you’d be well advised to read the above, at least three times.

If that doesn’t work, then all I can advise is that you request this thread to be moved to the Conspiracy Theories forum where it may transpire that you are totally in the right.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Echoplex the SC did not put you in this position. You foolishly sent the tickets worth several hundered quid by unsecure post (despite advice from An Post might I add).
    When predictably they got lost, you cant expect the retailer to give you money without any proof of purchase.
    Stop whining, especially when you are blaming the wrong person. It's *your* fault that you're out of pocket.

Personally I've shopped in the Sound Cellar for over thirty years and get on really well with Tommy. He has always allowed me to return tickets or albums for a refund (although granted I've never asked him to refund them without giving him the actual ticket or LP).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Is this a windup ??? Op , if you rocked on up to the gig if that lad had played, without your tickets , would you expect to be let in because you start shouting ". But but we are sitting in seats 1-4".

Because this has 5 pages of you harping on , I'll tell you the answer ....NO. You wouldn't be allowed in.

Be more careful in the future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement