Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Longbody Problem (Jersey fit)

Options
  • 16-02-2018 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Any other long torso'ed freaks on here? I'm a broad 6'3" and I seem to have a lot more Torso than your average non-Ogreish tall person and a lot of shoulder to boot.

As a result I've struggled with finding long enough clothes in general but I find cycling jerseys in particular can be really tricky and thought it might be worth having a repository of online knowledge
    on what brands fit and don't:

In my experience over the last 5-6 years:

Good (lengthwise fits):
    1. Endura
    2. B'Twin
    3. Altura
    4. Rapha (maybe- I've only got a gilet)
    5. Verge

Bad (barely touching the bibwaist)
    1. dhb (More receint stuff)
    2. Castelli
    3. BBB (actually tried a BBB jersey that managed be loose AND too short)
    4. Morvelo
    5. Pearl Izumi

Please add your knowledge - and spread the love amongst us insectile freaks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Really short - PedalED.

Pretty short - La Passione, Rivelo.

Less short, but not long - Stolen Goat.

Longer - Ekoi, XBionic (tho only have base layers).
    Isadore (tho only have one item)

The moral of the story is ... buy in a B&M shop, or order lots of sizes, try em all, and send back the ones that don't fit.

Tho - all bike brands seem to think that you care more about rumples on your belly while cycling (who the f*** is looking?) than baring your belly button in a cafe (everyone is looking, I promise you).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

In my experience over the last 5-6 years:

Good (lengthwise fits):
    1. Endura
    2. B'Twin
    3. Altura
    4. Rapha (maybe- I've only got a gilet)
    5. Verge

Bad (barely touching the bibwaist)
    1. dhb (More receint stuff)
    2. Castelli
    3. BBB (actually tried a BBB jersey that managed be loose AND too short)
    4. Morvelo
    5. Pearl Izumi
    Sweet Jesus you've got through a lot of brands in 5/6 years.

I probably have more cycling clothes than ordinary clothes but it's all in about 3 brands - most of it Verge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Sweet Jesus you've got through a lot of brands in 5/6 years.

I probably have more cycling clothes than ordinary clothes but it's all in about 3 brands - most of it Verge.

I haven't bought all of them!

Also I never had a club until recently so no club gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

Gabba is the only item I have guaranteed not to show belly or back. I usually size up on jerseys to get suitable coverage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sounds like you need Gore stuff. I bet their stuff in Large would be a near perfect fit.

I've a long sleeve large jersey that's just too long in arm and body for me.

Whereas my large Sportful, Santini, Verge, B'Twin, Galibier, Spiuk stuff is all about spot on. Castelli I size up.

For Gore I've to nearly drop down to Medium now.

Fyi, might have some Gore stuff in large in a clear out soon :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Planet X (mostly their own brand stuff) is ridiculously long at times, you can get a sense from the images on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭lamaq

Endura - Not too bad if you size up
    Gore - Probably not too bad if you size up, I went with L for a gillet and that was too small
    DHB - never again :(
    Castelli - got a cotton top in XL and that fits fine, not sure about their other stuff

At this stage I've given up on cycle specific clothing and mostly buy from The North Face which fits well with size L.

Advertisement