Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lay of the Land

Options
  • 17-02-2018 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Howdy folks, long time since I've ventured on here. Was taking a flick through some of the old threads, up to 8 years ago and read a fair bit about the downright crappy conditions docs are working in here.

I just thought I'd pop my head in (at risk of having it taken off!) and ask what people's opinions are of the situation working in Ireland at the moment? Starting internship in July and speaking to NCHDs of all grades (interns, SHOs, SpRs) seems to be telling me things have improved somewhat. Bottleneck for jobs still is a massive issue it looks like, though I kind of reckon I'll feck off to the UK after a few years here, maybe try for BST first. While there was some quickly resolved issue with Connolly recently, problems with overtime don't seem too bad. I should probably say most of those I've spoken with are on the medical side of things, surgery probably remains mental but I've no interest whatsoever in it so haven't nattered the ears of anyone in the field.

Hope everyone is well :)

Advertisement