Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep fryer for Chinese cookery

Options
  • 17-02-2018 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hello - I've been doing a bit of Chinese cookery lately using a Wok with good results. There are some more advanced recipes that call for deep frying in a wok of hot oil and then finishing in another wok in a normal manner (e.g. Sweet and Sour Pork). There are also things like fried dumplings and squid I would like to try.

Since I have a lifelong aversion to chip-pans any any boiling vat of oil that isn't contained in a safe deep fryer type device, I was wondering if anyone had any experience in using a fryer for Chinese cookery as an alternative to the wok?

I imagine it should do the trick as it is a boiling pot of oil like the wok would be but I would be interested to hear of anyone's experiences if they have any or indeed any recommendations.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For Chinese cooking, I deep fry in the wok. In my experience you don’t need much oil because of the size of the base and the steep-ish walls.

Advertisement