Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legacy view button not working

Options
  • 17-02-2018 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

Hi,

On my second computer I cant get into Legacy View mode, which is a problem as I hate the new/default view. When I click on it nothing happens, seems like a javascript error or something.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What version of boards are you seeing instead of legacy - touch, responsive, mobile? And what OS are you using on both devices?

Try clearing the cache & see if that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Same is happening with me... normal legacy site until yesterday. Not sure which version is showing now, but it's pants.

Running Firefox on Win 10, cache cleared, made no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi folks, do ye have browser extensions/add-ons installed? One user found that one of theirs was causing issues here.

For me, if I disable ad blocking, it works fine. Funny that, huh? :D

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

That's certainly not intended :D What adblocker are you using? And if you reenable, are you able to stay on Legacy site?

Boards.ie Employee

....... wrote: »

Have you cleared cache and do you have add-ons running / installed? Can you run the Diagnostics page (removing IP address) and post results please. If you use Firefox or Edge, can you switch site versions?

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Posts on Help Desk are pre-moderated, so won't show instantly.

Could you enable ads on Boards temporarily to see if it'll allow you to switch please? And then if you re-enable it (if it works to start with), does it remember to keep you on Legacy or switch you back?

Boards.ie Employee

Tested this myself and got the loop. Disabled blocker, went to a random forum, switched to Legacy, and it seems to work fine again...

Boards.ie Employee

Ah sorry, misunderstood. I'll have to look into the Diagnostics issue.

As for the Responsive Site loop, it appears to be a conflict with AdBlock Plus. We haven't made any changes on our end, but I see that AdBlock last updated on February 16th (there may have been an update prior to this) - this seems to coincide with recent issues. We'll have to look into this, but at least we know that if you disable Adblock, switch and reenable it seems to work fine.

That's certainly not intended :D What adblocker are you using? And if you reenable, are you able to stay on Legacy site?
    Hi Mark, I'm using AdBlock and when I enabled it again, everything was still back to normal.

The site worked fine for me on Chrome... I don't use it much and there was no ad blocker applied.

Boards.ie Employee

Hi Mark, I'm using AdBlock and when I enabled it again, everything was still back to normal.

The site worked fine for me on Chrome... I don't use it much and there was no ad blocker applied.

Thanks. It looks like one of AdBlock's recent updates blocks the Javascript that handles the site switch. Seems to be fine to switch while AdBlock is disabled and then reenable on the other side though at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Turning off adblocker / u block origin fixed it. Thanks.

Advertisement