Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap place to source boxes for relocation

Options
  • 17-02-2018 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where to source boxes? We are moving house in the next month and Argos etc have boxes which are mad expensive. Any one any knowledge on where to source cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Retailers on cardboard day they'll be outside with tape wrapped around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭quartz1

We moved last year and hired plastic storage boxes from a Company called Buska. You will find them online. The boxes were stackable and a four wheeled trolley was provided to help moved them. They made the move very easy and were cheaper than buying cardboard boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭The Ging and I

I used banana boxes which I asked the local supermarket for. They were great and I was able to stack them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I used banana boxes which I asked the local supermarket for. They were great and I was able to stack them no problem.

Don't they have a large rectangular hole in the Base?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Not sure how these compare to Argos prices but we used these @ €3 each found them to be pretty cheap yet sturdy.

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/products/small-storage-organisers/storage-boxes-baskets/j%C3%A4ttene-packaging-box-brown-art-60047151/

They’re very reusable too, our attic is full of them now as they fold flat when not in use and are handy for stuff like Christmas decoration storage, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Caranica wrote: »
    Don't they have a large rectangular hole in the Base?

Did lots of moves with banana boxes, hands down the best moving boxes. They usually come with a cardboard like paper in it that you just cover the hole with, does the job so well.
    Sometimes shops don't give them out or destroy them straight away.

Did the last moves with the Ikea boxes, were grand too. Also Homebase has loads of boxes at the exit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

When we moved we used fruit boxes from Aldi and Lidl and if you know someone working in a hospital we also had some cardboard boxes that had held medical consumables, they were fine boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Our local supervalu always have a large trolley stacked with a decent variety of boxes. Free to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

Drop into your local L'daldi and ask, they're very accommodating. You will get a much better selection on the days they launch their special buys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I got a moving pack from Elephant Self Storage.
    Comes with loads of boxes, bubble wrap and a tape gun.
    Boxes were really strong.

http://elephantboxshop.ie/product/budi-small-moving-pack/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I contacted supplies in Work which gave me a load of boxes over a 2 week period to take with me. They also gave me a huge roll of bubble wrap and a tape gun. I just had to return everything I didn’t need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a moving pack from Elephant Self Storage.
    Comes with loads of boxes, bubble wrap and a tape gun.
    Boxes were really strong.

http://elephantboxshop.ie/product/budi-small-moving-pack/

Not cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If you live near any wholesalers try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭utmbuilder

Owryan wrote: »
    If you live near any wholesalers try them.

The best option I found for my move was

www.buska.ie

Seriously good boxes excellent prices super service

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

I used these before:
    http://www.boxdepot.ie/Boxes/

Found the lady who runs it fantastic. Has the benefit of being reused (so not wasteful) whilst also being like basically new boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

utmbuilder wrote: »
    The best option I found for my move was

www.buska.ie

Seriously good boxes excellent prices super service

Get them free from a wholesaler

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

Thanks everyone for ye're replies! I'm definitely going to source some from Aldi etc first, great idea. Never thought of that

Advertisement