Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

0800 Number

Options
  • 17-02-2018 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm trying to phone an Irish 0800 number from the UK. I can't get through. The companies name I was given is the debt sales team. I googled their company name but found nothing. I also tried comreg website but theere is no search function for 0800 numbers.
    How do I find out who owns the number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's 1800 for a start. And it can't be called from abroad.
    What company is it?. They have to have a direct line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Corned Beef Sandwich

the debt sales team

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm trying to phone an Irish 0800 number from the UK. I can't get through.

You might be able to do that using Skype (requires a userid and credit) but it won't work from a landline or mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

There will be geographic restrictions in place.

Irish 1800 numbers will only work in Ireland

If they have an international 800 number it will be 00800 you dial rather than 0800

ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There is often a 01 or whatever landline alternative for calling from abroad. Do you have unpaid debts?

i might do

Debt Sales Team sounds like a department rather than a company.

Did they quote 0800 as opposed to 1800? Or was it 00800? A company in Ireland wouldn't use 0800.

They must of made a mistake when they said it was an Irish company because 0800 is uk.

They must of made a mistake when they said it was an Irish company because 0800 is uk.

Then, have you called them, as you are in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try 00353-800 xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

See if the company and number are listed on this site which gives you a regular landline alternative: http://www.saynoto1890.com/a-z-listing/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If you google the full number you might find the company name, on their website you might find an alternative local number or use the Saynoto1890.com to find a local number.

Advertisement