Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec Alarm - Faulty Sensor

Options
  • 17-02-2018 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

Guys

Have an Astec Alarm, think its a 49. anyway when set at random intervals the alram goes off, each time its the same door. checked the door itself and it seems strudy so not wind rocking it. every noight this week its gone off and the PIR light ourside isnt triggered so not someone at the door.

any way to source a sensor to replace myself? is it a straight forward job, just swap like for like, match the wiring colors to terminals etc.?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Astec sensors are no longer available. You can use a global sensor /contact and use a 680ohm resistor to convert it to work with your Astec system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tony mc cullagh

how do I get out of the engineer code on a aritech 350 I used 1278 to get in.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hit X X X until Goodbye shows then hit the correct key.

Thank for that k. will eng. mode allow me to fix bell tamper on bho with out, out side bell going off. thanks T.

No.
    External bell will always activate regardless.
    If you have a bell tamper error. You need to find out if the lid is not closed correctly or there is a problem on the tamper return cable.

• Advertisement

Thanks K, the bell box is seized cant open it to fix tamper, I don't mind, if I can use alarm from main box in house, do I put a 4.7 resister crossing
    bho, ie 16 &17, do I leave bho wire in 16, I had them out, not sure what is - or + dose it make a difference , thanks for all your help
    control panel showing fuse gone also,as well as bell box tamper, will I lose info on panel if I use eng. mode or will I just remove lid and get someone to put in user code instead, T. p s this is a aritech 350.

Maybe the bell fuse is the one gone. That would cause a bell tamper.
    A resister across 16 & 17 ,with hold off still wired into 16 ,will bypass it for you.

Thanks so much K will let u no how things go. T.

Advertisement