Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

housing

Options
  • 18-02-2018 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

my landlord has just informed me that he is withdrawing from the RAS at the end of the present contract. I'm the tenant and we get on well together. however,when he said that's the contract finishes in a year and a half, I was and am taken aback by that. it's good news but also ungood news. any comments welcome. this must be an entry for the Guinness book of records for the longest notice ever given to a tenant!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭redroisin

my landlord has just informed me that he is withdrawing from the RAS at the end of the present contract. I'm the tenant and we get on well together. however,when he said that's the contract finishes in a year and a half, I was and am taken aback by that. it's good news but also ungood news. any comments welcome. this must be an entry for the Guinness book of records for the longest notice ever given to a tenant!

Why is it not good news?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is the legal requirement forn the notice to be in writing?
    If so, then him telling you officially is not notice so it's not a record :)

Advertisement