Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Folklore Project Help

Options
  • 18-02-2018 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey, first of Mods, I hope this is allowed here.

I am currently doing a PLC course and one of the Modules is Folklore. I have a 50% project.

I am writing mine on Dublin's most know, or should I say, most famous ghosts.
    I will also be writing on how often the Devil shows up in stories connecting to certain places examples such as The Black Church, St Mary's on the North side of Dublin and the Hellfire club.

I was wondering if they are any Dub's here in the forum that would not mind sharing a few stories with?

If the mods allow, I can leave my email address if you do not want to share your experience here on the thread.

This would be really appreciated on my part.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Anyone, is there a Folklore section on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Hey O/P

I'm a Dub. I'm not 100% sure what kind of help you are looking for exactly. Is it personal stories or stuff that we grew up hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HistoryMania

Hey its basically just stories you would have heard growing up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

The schools collection from the 1930s would be a rich supply of folklore I would think -

https://www.duchas.ie/en/info/meitheal

Advertisement