Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traveller: Life in the Marches - A ship of our own

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : In all seriousness, Dyot should be able to ping us the location of the ship, we know where it is, the issue is that we can't move it. Isn't it?
    OOC: Ship is possibly in crater on the summit. Same place you have to get the samples from. Originally only the ship had the equipment for the survey, but Verne and Glenn have gotten some aboard the raft as well.

EDIT: forgot a crucial word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Banjo wrote: »
    "The ship is not a ship without an M-Drive. It is a paperweight for a big ****ing stack of paper. You're a Navy trained pilot. Remind me what happens when you activate your J-Drive at the bottom of a gravity well. And you think we're conducting the survey in this heap? What's your sensor? Dangling Bakleth out the door on the end of a rope to shout 'too hot! too cold!'?"

OOC : In all seriousness, Dyot should be able to ping us the location of the ship, we know where it is, the issue is that we can't move it. Isn't it?

OOC: Thats all second hand knowledge from a long time ago. How big is our raft that all of us and the engine can fit comfortably.

'Im a navy officer as well as a pilot, and im not going near a wrecked ship with an M-drive without getting the lay of the land first. You have no idea what condition that ship is in. Our geology expert is the one with the equipment to take the samples needed and determine our next course of action. Unless, of course, you are suddenly a survey expert now too?'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bakleth finds a nice pair of pink K'Kree bathing togs that match his complexion.

Dhinor punches Evan on the chin to knock him out, so that we can all get on with the mission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Seneca smiles at Milt. "Bakleth doesn't want to swim in lava. Anyway, I thought there were two captains?

Evan salutes Nestor then glares at Seneca.
    "I think you'll find it's 3"

@Fourier - if I saw the punch coming, activate plan Delta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭conor222

Ok, so what equipment do we have and what needs to happen with it?
    We need a plan of how we're going to do this when we touchdown. I want to spend as little time as possible tettering on the side of a volcano

OOC: Alex tries to draw up a plan using tactics and Recon on the area, if people need to be convinced I will use my leadership ability to try to get them on board with the plan

What needs to happen and who is best placed to do it?
    C'mon people, we all have better things we'd like to be doing!

Bakleth finishes putting on his bathing suit then pats Seneca on the shoulder.

'Bakleth have popcorn. You wish to share?'

Bakleth watches the humies fighting with a smile on his face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Seneca carries the unconscious Milt to the pod and places him inside, quietly checking his pockets as he does so. Apart from a mouldy Toblerone, Milt's pockets are empty.

"Thanks Bakleth, do you like mouldy Toblerone?

Seneca carries the unconscious Milt to the pod and places him inside, quietly checking his pockets as he does so. Apart from a mouldy Toblerone, Milt's pockets are empty.

OOC: May want to wait to see if the punch landed properly and knocked him out....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: oh for god sake!]

Verne tries to pilot the craft up to the higher ledge. [OOC: what am I rolling? a D6?]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOD: EDIT: There was a riot of posting after I started typing. I'll read and repost edited to suit the storyline.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Evan steps aside almost as soon as the punch begins to be thrown and grabs Dhinor by the wrists. A powerful electric charge runs down Dhinor's arms and the arm begins to smoke.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Verne tries to pilot the craft up to the higher ledge. [OOC: what am I rolling? a D6?]

Bakleth wanders up to Verne with his popcorn. His disliking of meat eaters has reduced since the steak incident, but he ain't letting anyone know about that.

'You want popcorn Aslan, or is it too bloodless for your tastes?'

Mollyb60 wrote: »

OOC: Yeah, straight 2d6. Benefits and Disadvantages have cancelled out.

Seneca joins Bakleth at the fringe, watching and eating popcorn.

• Advertisement

Dhinor tries to break free from Evans grasp and draws The Negotiator with his good arm

Ok, Nestor, you start the initial scans
    I can scout the region looking for signs of the main ship while thats going on, see if we can get any additional info from the area.
    I propose we take one extra with us each in case we get into trouble, how does that sound?

Alex stops talking and looks up at the ongoing melee

What the hell>?

conor222 wrote: »
    Alex stops talking and looks up at the ongoing melee

What the hell>?

Bakleth hands Alex some popcorn also.

*munch*

• Advertisement

Dhinor swings The Negotiator at Evan, aiming for his.......weaker hand.

OOC: Prof Moriarty, here's where the actions go down btw: https://rolz.org/dr?room=Boards.ie%20Traveller

Luckily for Dhinor, the Negotiator had been funneling some of the charge. He struggles against the pain of the current and begins to swing.

At the same moment, Evan leaps from the air raft.

The electrical discharge from Evan's taser overcharges the Negotiator expanding its disintegration field before blowing the weapon.

As both of them tumble out of the craft the negotiator disinta-melts the entire right gravitational repulser and control circuitry and the entire craft tilts right.

Verne sees the craft's consoles go into red alert. Power is failing, a lethal crash is imminent.

Evan and Dhinor plummet toward the ground, melting the rock in front of them, drilling into the volcano....

How far off the ground are we, is there anywhere safe to try to land, how long do we think we have to react?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: Well that escalated quickly...

Glenn does his best to help Verne get control of the craft, or at least hit the ground as nicely as possible...

Seneca thinks briefly about more popcorn, before grabbing Bakleth's mane to steady himself.

Bakleth drops his popcorn and calls to Seneca.

'Friend of Bakleth, I will save you! Climb on Bakleth's back!'

Bakleth scoops up Seneca onto his back and jumps from the craft, planning to take the impact of the blow himself from the ground.

Dhinor does his best to recover, gather himself and get himself above ground without being further injured. He.....grudgingly tries to help Evan too.

The vent made by Dhinor and Evan blows outward into the sky, vomiting forth ash and lava.

OOC: I presume, therefore, we ded.

• Advertisement

from the planned route that Alex had for where the craft was going, are there any locations that might be safe to land?

edit: or at least try to attempt to crash into :P

OOC: Man, what happened to 1 or 2 posts a day? ;)

Pter wrote: »
    OOC: I presume, therefore, we ded.
    OOC: No, heat cannot cross the disrupter field. It's pure convection, if the molecules are dissolved, no transference.

Think it went out the window when some characters.... went out the window?

jasonb wrote: »
    OOC: Man, what happened to 1 or 2 posts a day? ;)

Ooc: New blood.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bakleth drops his popcorn and calls to Seneca.

'Friend of Bakleth, I will save you! Climb on Bakleth's back!'

Bakleth scoops up Seneca onto his back and jumps from the craft, planning to take the impact of the blow himself from the ground.
    Bakleth lands on the ground shattering his legs and spine, a human would not have had a chance at surviving such a leap. Seneca is mostly unharmed.

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: No, heat cannot cross the disrupter field. It's pure convection, if the molecules are dissolved, no transference.

OOC: Ok then my last non-OOC post about trying to get out and help Evan is ok?

Seneca sees Bakleth writhing in agony. He screams "Medic!" and tries to keep Bakleth prone and still.

Bakleth looks up at the sky. Doing something right felt good.

He looks to Seneca and also to the volcano which is threatening to erupt.

'Run, friend. Save self. No time for Bakleth. Bakleth liked having friend.'

• Advertisement

Glenn quickly places a hand on Verne and Nestor's shoulders, his tail on Alex and focuses on the spacetime around them, forming a small wormhole with his mind.

The ash approaches the raft as Glenn exhales.

From below the others see the craft explode as the plume smashes into it.

With a sound like a gun shot, Glenn, Verne, Alex and Nestor fly out of a small blue gateway and roll onto the volcanic slope.

Lava beings to flow from the Vent made by Evan and Dhinor, flowing toward the rest of the group...

OOC: Holding it there for today.

OOC: AWWWWW MAN :)

Joking - no probs! :)

Seneca considers putting Bakleth out of his misery but decides that a sawn off shotgun blast to the temple wouldn't be a fitting end for his friend. "Don't worry, help will be here soon."

OOC: If Evan can change his name with every post, then after that rescue I want to be called Neo from now on... ��

It just goes to show, never start a fight on a raft flying over a volcano, as my Granny used to say...

jasonb wrote:
    It just goes to show, never start a fight on a raft flying over a volcano, as my Granny used to say...

OOC: This will be the makings of us. You wait and see

Ok maybe not Bakleth

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    Dhinor does his best to recover, gather himself and get himself above ground without being further injured. He.....grudgingly tries to help Evan too.
    OOC: I should clear this up before halting.

Evan and Dhinor come to halt after rolling into a side vent. The lava they met on their way down rushed over the field, leaving them untouched. They continue drilling through and emerge on the volcano's northern slope.

Dhinor's arm is a cooked mess, the pain almost unbearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Seneca sees Bakleth writhing in agony. He screams "Medic!" and tries to keep Bakleth prone and still.
    Disorientated after the wormhole trick Nestor feels her training kick in after years of repeated practicing. She loads the tranq pistol with K'Kree painkiller and an immobiliser and shoots Bkleth in the rump.
    "Anyone still upright, grab Bakleth and start hauling him to the side"

Coms to Evan and Dhinor: "Are you alive, where are you? Status report!"

Thinking a heavy thought to Glenn: "Thank you. Now, can you sense the two assholes?"

She turns on her thermo suit to max as the rise in temperature is starting to make her feel weak.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Verne picks himself and dusts off the volcanic ash. He hears Nestor's shout and starts running in the direction of her voice.

Bakleth looks up as the medicine woman aims her tranquiliser gun at him.

'No. Bakleth stay. Help others. Bakleth will enjoy swimming in lava, like his captains asked him. Bakleth even found K'Kree bathing suit.'

OOC: Think this, but in a manly pink colour (Closest I could get :P)

1389024458.arania_baucheriemagique06swimsuit.png

Fourier wrote:
    Evan and Dhinor come to halt after rolling into a side vent. The lava they met on their way down rushed over the field, leaving them untouched. They continue drilling through and emerge on the volcano's northern slope.

Dhinor is writhing on the ground in agony. Coherant thought is being chased from his mind by pain.

• Advertisement
Advertisement