Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Life in the Marches - A ship of our own

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

OOC: I'm not 100% but believe its a rank below captain and tends to be a more hands on managing a unit or squad for millitary purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Seneca hops out of the cryogenic pod. "You okay Milt? I was really worried about you there."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Nah, my babies wouldn't hurt me. Although it appears they're not my babies any more. I'll be honest, I know nothing about working with remotes. Give me a couple of weeks with them and the manual and an energy discharge vest, I can change that but.... if anyone else knows what they're doing, be my guest. But if I'm going to be working with them again I'm going to need to take precautions.

Vainglorious, I'm sorry I called you a fickle c*** - can I be accepted as Joint Captain again so the drones don't murder me for trying to fix them?"

Meanwhile, Evan is checking the bridge, avionics, the drone room, down the back of the sofa in the common room (without putting weight on it) for wafers - remote ops, computer, electronics - that can be appropriated for assistance with this work temporarily. Can wafers be copied, and if so is it like a file transfer or 80's-tastic high speed dubbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: Ok, I finally have to ask, what the hell are wafers? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

OOC: AFAIK they are what make up computer processors. Intel make them for example. Obvs the ones on our ship would be more advanced versions.

• Advertisement

OOC: I understand those kind of wafers alright, but I'm not sure what good they would be for Evan?

OOC: If we have found a way of dupicating these, im all ears.

71zDf4SIEUL._SL1500_.jpg

OOC : He covers them in chocolate and eats them. Kitkats!

A richochet shot from one of the drones nipped one of the power connectors regulating Dhinors cryopod. The cryopod activates its failsafe regeneration sequence.

Dhinor steps out from the Cryopod and groggily looks around.

He is feeling much better compared to when he entered the pod.

He unstraps TN and goes through a few of his favourite forms to stretch out his muscles.

He then consults a control panel to update himself on what has happened since he was in cryosleep.

Once fully updated, he heads to the bridge.

Banjo wrote: »
    OOC : He covers them in chocolate and eats them. Kitkats!

OOC: It rubs the lotion on its skin, it does this whenever it's told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Nestor don's her thermo suit and heads out to find out what all the kerfuffel is about.
    "What is the status of the 'Message in a Bottle' drone?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Glenn gets a response from the drone. The rescue ship has picked it up. After speaking to the captain of the rescue ship, it has determined that the crew are genuine officials from Blue intent on taking them to the planet.

It asks for permission to inform them of the pirates and broadcast the Vainglorious's position.

"Well Evan, I hope it's going well with those other Drones and they're ready to go if needed? I'm going to tell Barrymore to tell the Rescue Ship our location, as it looks like they're genuine, but there's no harm having the other drones ready just in case"

Glenn commands Barrymore to tell the Rescue Ship about the Pirates last known location, and to give them the location of Vainglorious' position.

"it's going great, great. Nothing to worry about. Unless you hear more shooting. Does the door of the bridge have a lock?"

Taking Pters feedback on board, the tl;Dr of my recent posts.
    Status of offered co-captain position, for safety.

Searching for expert program wafers - remote ops, computers, etc that might be in use on the ship to borrow.

OOC: That was an admittedly poor joke on my part but i appreciate the gesture for me as a newb.

The rescue ship hails the Vainglorious.

"Hello this is Lieutenant Gospis of the Blue Planetary service vessel 'Grandfather's hammer', permission to sync our airlocks and come aboard?"

Seneca notices that everyone else is asleep. He wonders if he should answer but decides instead that he should wake the lazy and feckless captains instead. "Disgraceful behaviour, they should know better" he mutters to himself. Donning a nun's habit, he wanders from room to room ringing a large bell and calling "Shame".

Evan rolls over to drown out the noise, his head thumping hard and fast like an eastern european gentleman who's tired of just telling you that you need to stop bothering the dancers. He tries to pull the duvet over him but is startled by the clang of metal on deck as Cilla falls out of the bed. He sits bolt upright, disturbing Nancy who mutters a distorted "zzzzst Status Reporrrrrssssttt". Spacechrist! How much had he had to drink last night? And what did he do? What did they do?

There are soup packets everywhere and Cilla has lips painted on her CPU housing, a soiled target on her rear repulser unit. Oh no, not again. He frantically checks himself. There are bruises, but that's expected, and that raw sandpaper burn that could easily be avoided if he's switch from packet to canned but what about... YES! Anti-static band! Thank god he had the wherewithall to wear protection!

He struggles to his feet, rescuing his clothes from under tool boxes, empty bottles and toppled diagnostics racks, making himself presentable. "Girls, let yourselves out, there's oil in the drone bay. Comm me, we should do this again!" He runs to the bridge to find out what all the noise is about, stopping only to ask Seneca : "Hey, nice habit - any chance I could borrow that this weekend?"

"Vainglorious, what's the rumpus?"

tl;Dr :
    Evan ****ed some robots and more soup. The robots are not pregnant and roboaids is not jumping to humans. I just wanted to be an engineer in space, why did it have to get so weird and complicated?

Seneca averts his eyes from the remnants of what appears to have been an exotic orgy. "Sure, Milt, as long as you wash it afterwards. I don't want to pick up any nasty habits".

The rescue ship pings them again.

"Ehm, hello. Do you need help, if you do, just re-transmit on this frequency."

A signal frequency and decryption key is transmitted to the Vainglorious.

• Advertisement

Glenn quickly says to Evan "Any chance some of those drones aren't exhausted/humiliated and can be prepped in case this boarding party get ideas we'd rather they don't have?" Then he replies to the rescue ship "Thank you Lieutenant Gospis for coming to our aid. Permission granted of course..."

About half an hour later a loud series of bangs and thumping of metal is heard as the two ships interconnect their airlocks. The Iris valves on both ships open and the three person crew of "Grandfather's hammer" step aboard, followed by Drone Barrymore.

The crew march toward the bridge where they meet Glenn and immediately bow in unison.

"Oh enlightened one, how glad we are to come to your aid."

Seneca unholsters his sawn off and stands behind a pillar near the airlock. He points the sawn off at the entrance. "Just letting everyone know. The pellets in the cartridges are explosive. They detonate six inches inwards after point of contact. You need to stay 90 degrees away from line of fire."

Seneca holsters his gun again. He had been covering the wrong airlock apparently. Feeling a little silly, he makes his way to the bridge.

Seneca holsters his gun again. He had been covering the wrong airlock apparently. Feeling a little silly, he makes his way to the bridge.

OOC: Ha! Made me laugh, thanks! :)

Glenn replies... "Please don't call me that, just call me Glenn. Thanks for helping us. What are your names?"

Dhinor is on the bridge too and nods respectfully at their new guests.

He watches on intently.

jasonb wrote: »
    OOC: Ha! Made me laugh, thanks! :)

Glenn replies... "Please don't call me that, just call me Glenn. Thanks for helping us. What are your names?"
    The one in the most decorated uniform speaks.

"I am Gospis and these are Tusip, she's ship engineer and Yispa, she runs everything else" though as he says this he is reluctant to look Glen in the eyes.

The other two simply stare in awe.

Evan approaches the bridge with a small, badly programmed but well sated drone army at his back.
    "I can't remember which one of us is captain any more, but who ever it is I'm sure they're very grateful for your swift response. What are they Cilla?"
    A wobbly but metallic "Very grateful, sir!"
    "Indeed. Ensign Glenn-san! steady as she goes!"
    He puts a hand out to one of the rescue crew.
    "Evan Torisson, expert engineer and very poor remote ops programmer, at your service. Say, that is a very nice ship you've come in. What tech level is she? 11? 12? She's a beaut.

Vainglorious! Any sign of our other suitors on scanners?

Bridge to Nestor! The rescue ship has attached to the main dock and the 3 person crew of the rescue ship is on the bridge. I repeat, the 3 person crew of the rescue ship is on our bridge.

Droney Danza, Droney Soprano - go see to Nestor."

Seneca wonders about shooting the new arrivals and commandeering their ship. "Just a thought" he mutters to himself.

• Advertisement

"Good to meet you all. Were it not for the makeshift sail, we'd be rather stuck here, and are in need of getting a working M-Drive. Are you able to tow us back to Blue? We are aware of a Pirate ship that responded to our distress call, but haven't seen it on our sensors for a while, have you seen anything?"

Advertisement