Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Life in the Marches - A ship of our own

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

using Glenn as a teleporter

"Always good to feel like an integral and respected part of the crew" Glenn snarks...

OOC: As I can't teleport without knowing where I'm going, I'll do a roll for a Remote View of the Pirate ship as soon as I can (next 20 mins or so hopefully) and let you know how that goes. If it doesn't work, at least we know in advance that the Teleport is off the table. If the Remote View does work, I'll still have to roll for the Teleport itself. Fourier, can you give me the roll instructions for the Remote Viewing? Thanks...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Come join the pirates, jason - we have... use... for your abilities and will treat you nicer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

jasonb wrote: »
    Fourier, can you give me the roll instructions for the Remote Viewing? Thanks...
    OOC: It's just a 2d6 roll. The bonus from your psi strength (+2) and the ease of the power (+2) are cancelled by the distance of the ship (-4). Note though failure might just mean you see the ship interior in a blurred fashion and make teleporting more difficult, but not rule it out.

OOC: Just to let ye know, I'll catch up with this, but I won't be free until a good bit later tonight.

OOC: Ruh roh... I rolled a 5. Just wondering, can I roll again when the ship is closer, considering the distance was a factor? Or is rolling again a no-no in the game?

• Advertisement

OOC: Ruh roh... I rolled a 5. Just wondering, can I roll again when the ship is closer, considering the distance was a factor? Or is rolling again a no-no in the game?
    OOC: Yeah, you can.

Glenn gets a faint vision of the ship. He sees or more senses that there are three sophonts on board, maybe more. Interior of the ship is quite cramped, most of where he casts his mind is bulkhead and metal. As cramped as a far trader normally is, this is even worse.

Gospis looks nervous.

"Ship is crossing into mid range scanners....they've fired a nuke at the Vainglorius. Impact time....twenty minutes."

OOC: Ooops, my finger slipped

"The ship has fired five objects....they're not missles....thirty minutes until impact with the Vainglorious....wait, they're drill pods."

KaaKraa leads the crew on board the pirate ship in nude, ritualistic, pre-raid dance. Complete with multiple lunges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Drill pods eh? No problem. It just means we have no control over which parts of the ship theyll board and in which order, and with Glenn struggling to get a bead on them this renders our entire plan completely pointless. They'll very quickly realise that the only 2 things of value on board are hostile, they'll probably bug out and leave or nuke it.

**** it. I say we abandon the plan to requisition their ship, let's just fire a couple of nukes at them and use the launch to mask an Mdrive kick so they can't track the point of origin, meanwhile let the drones spread out and approach, targeting their missile launch points so we can detonate a warhead of theirs in close proximity and take them out. Opinions?"

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

'We can take on five Intruders. Let's fight them.'

"I suppose. If you really want to."

Evan begins to improvise a drill pod to fire Dhinor from the Grandfather's Hammer, past the pirate ship and onto the Vainglorious.

OOC: OK I had forgotten they weren't attacking our new ship but I'm 100% on board with heading over there and fighting them.

Pter wrote: »
    OOC: OK I had forgotten they weren't attacking our new ship but I'm 100% on board with heading over there and fighting them.

OOC: I'm waiting....:p

Banjo wrote: »
    "I suppose. If you really want to."

Evan begins to improvise a drill pod to fire Dhinor from the Grandfather's Hammer, past the pirate ship and onto the Vainglorious.
    With the assistance of the Grandfather's Hammer crew, Evan and Nestor easily write and install the software into the boarding pods on board to set them to drill pod configuration. Only minor mechanical tweeks are necessary from Evan to ensure efficient drill pod functioning.

The two pods sit loaded near the common room for deployment.

Dhinor grabs everything he needs, secures TN and hops in a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Verne ensures his axe is securely strapped to his back and gets in the other pod.

'can you target us at the pirate ship instead of our old scout ship?'

Gospis does some final checks of the oxygen supply to the pods and keys in the firing coordinates to the pirate ship.

"Ten minutes until their nuke hits, you'll see a bright light maybe, but I've adjusted the flight path so you won't see it directly, otherwise you'd go blind.

You'll take forty minutes to reach their ship....good luck"

He releases the manual lever for the pods and suddenly Verne and Dhinor see themselves fall away from the Grandfather's Hammer rapidly, within half a minute they can't even see the ship.

All they can hear are muffled noises as if they were under water. Verne's pod spins to face Blue's sun, his mane golden in the light. Dhinor sees a bright flash, enough for his eyes to shut on reflex.

They dive on through the void....

• Advertisement

Pirate Ship:
    Kaakraa sees the console light up. Two more heat signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: oh god, we're gonna die]

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    [OOC: oh god, we're gonna die]

OOC: Be grand

OOC: Fourier, I'm a little unsure of the timeline, has enough time passed for it to be worthwhile to try Remote View again? And how soon before I could telelport? Thanks...

Watching the pods disappear into the void, Evan muses to himself "I may have taken that sarcastic response a tad too far..."

"Well, captain Gospis, every single part of our original plan has gone to ****e and even if Glenn gets another shot at trying to blink into that ship, the two guys he was going to carry over are gone so it's a little pointless. So... What were you planning on doing to defeat them before we showed up? "

OOC: Roll again sure just in case. Pop over to the pirate ship though. Only things heading for the scout ship are nukes.

OOC: Fourier, I'm a little unsure of the timeline, has enough time passed for it to be worthwhile to try Remote View again? And how soon before I could telelport? Thanks...
    OOC: Basically twenty minutes have passed, nuke travel time. You can roll again, this time +2 overall because they are closer.

Banjo wrote: »
    "Well, captain Gospis, every single part of our original plan has gone to ****e and even if Glenn gets another shot at trying to blink into that ship, the two guys he was going to carry over are gone so it's a little pointless. So... What were you planning on doing to defeat them before we showed up? "
    "We weren't sure of a pirate presence here until we met you....report them to the Imperium Navy is the usual recourse."

"Thanks cap. Good chat. "

Evan heads to engineering, checks the fuel situation and if there's a jumpsworth starts prepping calculations. Just in case.

Then he looks at whether or not any of the payloads for the ships arsenal are accessable without a spacewalk and if yes, he has a little chat with Glenn

• Advertisement

OOC: Four do you need me to post to progress or... ? dun dun dun :P

Advertisement