Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveller: Life in the Marches - A ship of our own

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Dhinor's blade flies toward the captain, the disintegrator field searing away flesh, as it tend pierces into the wall.

"Arrrrgggghhhh, what kind of weapon..." he says pulling out a laser pistol. He fires at Dhinor, hitting him in the shoulder with enough force to break the bone as they both fall to their feet from the vibrations in the drive room.

Dhinor darts past, first to his feet and grabs the Negotiator, lifting it up and swinging it down on the captain's torso, the disintegration field leaving a burnt smell in the air. He says...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

'Pleasure negotiating with you'

Pter wrote: »
    'Pleasure negotiating with you'
    The Negotiator's field flays skin from muscle, muscle from bone, exposing the rib cage, which is shattered by the force of the blade. The pirate captain is no more.

Dhinor can see the escape pods near him, but then hears banging upstairs. The sound of Verne breaking skulls no doubt.

Dhinor comms Verne. 'I am not in good condition, friend. With a broken shoulder and radiation sickness i wont be able to help you. Their captain is dead and their engine is damaged. Get to an escape pod quickly. If we escape the day is ours'

Dhinor makes for the escape pod and sets it to head back to the new ship, comming Evan of the situation and that he will be incoming (please dont nuke me).

'Have Nestor ready to treat me.....again'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necrominus wrote: »
    KaaKra picks up his rifle and heads straight for drive room. The hulking K'Kree is angry.

On the way, he opens the emergency locker and pulls out his favourite toy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dhinor comms Verne. 'I am not in good condition, friend. With a broken shoulder and radiation sickness i wont be able to help you. Their captain is dead and their engine is damaged. Get to an escape pod quickly. If we escape the day is ours'

Dhinor makes for the escape pod and sets it to head back to the new ship, comming Evan of the situation and that he will be incoming (please dont nuke me).

'Go be safe my friend, I can handle things here'

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Verne makes his way towards the bridge, killing all crew that pass him.
    On the way, he opens the emergency locker and pulls out his favourite toy...
    Two middle aged humans rush from the bridge as Verne bounds down the corridor, but they've never seen an Aslan move.

Verne leaps onto the ceiling, axe in hand and swinging back down behind both of them, he drives the axe through one into the other and then into the wall. A nice human shish kabob.

He pulls his axe out and turns toward the bridge, but stops.

Standing at the door is a massive male K'Kree. War training told him he was looking at a herd alpha, muscle upon muscle covering the herbivore's body. However this one didn't rely on the gifts of nature as the Aslan did. He held a Fusion Gun Man Portable, the flame from which was hot enough to melt any metal, to say little of the effect on flesh.

But Verne had agility and quicker reactions and a greater reach.

The two massive aliens stood looking at each other in the corridor lit red by the emergency lights.

Verne does not run from battle. He charges the K'Kree, axe held high.

Dhinor sits himself into the pod. He feels a pain in his stomach and vomits as the doors close.

He passes out as he falls away from the pirate ship, Verne was on his own...

Verne does not run from battle. He charges the K'Kree, axe held high.

'DIE ASLAN!'

KaaKraa fires directly at the Aslan's head

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Evan drinks a cup of tea. Improvised tea, naturally.
    Evan notices a heat signature from the pirate ship. A massive one, a stream of superheated matter.

The white pulse of fusion matter comes streaming out of the gun. This is what Verne meditated for. He holds his breath, no fear, no sound, no feeling toward his opponent, there is only the challenge. He opens his eyes to a world that seems almost frozen. The white hot beam coming toward him, he simply skips to the right as it slowly undulates past him. He approaches the K'Kree and knocks the gun upward, it tears through the upper ceiling.

He then grabs the K'Kree's face and drives them both into the bridge with all his might.

This is what the elders spoke of. Aokol, perfect harmony with the world.

Suddenly though he is brought back to normal awareness, air rushing out of the ship through the hole carved in the corridor roof. The K'Kree, shotgun in hand, steadying himself.

And one escape pod prepped for launch behind him.

With the K'Kree off balance, Verne rushes at him to knock him off his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Evan notices a heat signature from the pirate ship. A massive one, a stream of superheated matter.

Inspired, Evan devises a tap for the Mdrive for frothing milk for cappuccino with pure plasma.

Verne rushes at the K'Kree and slams into him knocking the shotgun free, which gets sucked through the air leak out into space. The K'Kree presses its enormous hooves into the bridge floor steadying itself, walloping Verne in the face, who stumbles backward.

They stare at each other once more. Air is running out as the ship shakes.

We can die together or live together K'Kree. This ship will not last long.

KaKraa looks at the escape pod.

He looks back at Verne.

'Your crewmates... will kill me if I go with you.'

Grandfather's Hammer:
    Yispa, the one who does every other job on the Grandfather's Hammer, rushes into Nestor's quarters with Dhinor on a stretcher. White as a ghost and bleeding from the ears and mouth.

"He's dying!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: With the +2 it's a 7, so it can be a success with a consequence, you choose...

Glenn focuses his mind with all his strength, his vision of the pirate ship is almost perfect enough to teleport, but the distance is making it hard. He focuses, but he just needs to push a bit more....

OOC: Sorry, I should have said, it was 5 including the +2 (2+1+2). So I’m pretty useless in this fight unless the Pirates reach the ship I’m on. Remind me, has anyone shot at us?

Glenn talks to Evan and the rest of the crew on the ship, “What’s the status of the Pirates on our crippled Scout ship, and our drones, are there any more Pirates over there to worry about? And what weapons do we have left, missiles, nukes etc.?”

The drones report that three of the five pirates have been taken out.

• Advertisement

KaKraa looks at the escape pod.

He looks back at Verne.

'Your crewmates... will kill me if I go with you.'

'You have my word that I will not allow you to come to any harm. As long as you vow to abide by our rules.'

'You have my word that I will not allow you to come to any harm. As long as you vow to abide by our rules.'

KaKraa sighs.
    He reslings his rifle.
    'To the pod then, Aslan. Although... it could be a tight squeeze. I will not give up my weapons, know this.'

He makes for the pod and opens it up.

Through luxurious if slightly Industrial smelling milk mustache, Evan shouts "bagsy the sword of he dies!" before giving Glenn a shrug by way of a status report.

If the drones are down, blow the charges and fire the plasma thrower in the main corridor. If the pirates are down, recall the drones.

KaKraa sighs.
    He reslings his rifle.
    'To the pod then, Aslan. Although... it could be a tight squeeze. I will not give up my weapons, know this.'

He makes for the pod and opens it up.

'I respect a being who respects his weapons. We'll make it work.'

Verne gets into the pod.

OOC: Suggestion for mood music

https://youtu.be/x6QZn9xiuOE

Support beams on the bridge collapse, Verne falls in as he begins to run low on air.

KaKraa enters the coordinates for the pod, pulls the lever and jumps in shaking the pod.

The bridge console fizzles and shorts, reports indicate explosions. Goodbye old girl!

They fire off into the void. Verne falls asleep and KaKraa just watches them spin in the black. Even if they fought, what K'Kree doesn't like company?

The Pirate ship explodes with a blast strong enough to outshine the sun from the Grandfather's Hammer.

Dhinor grabs whomever is beside him......it's hard to tell who it is with all the blood.

'Give the sword to Verne. Not Evan. Never Evan....'

Dhinor splutters as he struggles to get the words out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

... Two of the Grandfather's Hammer's nukes will impact the one from the pirate ship. Unfortunately it'll be close enough to Dhinor for him to receive a huge dose of radiation.
    Nestor checks the med kitas for anything that will help. There is a light course of chemo that will help but it's not enough. She scours the med supplies and finds some hydrogen peroxide. "Nice." The then scours the janitors supplies and gets some toilet cleaner. "Perfect." With the peroxide and the sulfuric acid of the cleaner she makes iodine to hit at the thyroid poisoning.
    Grandfather's Hammer:
    Yispa, the one who does every other job on the Grandfather's Hammer, rushes into Nestor's quarters with Dhinor on a stretcher. White as a ghost and bleeding from the ears and mouth.

"He's dying!!"
    "Get him into engineering, it's shielded. Then get some buckets and mops, this ain't gonna be pretty. Keep everyone out of here till we find out how dirty he is."
    She administers pain relief and the first round of chemo with an iodine scrubber for afters.
    In the background the radiation detectors beep incessantly...

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

In a nearby stateroom, Evan chuckles to himself. Engineering is going to be destroyed by blood and **** and puke and weird skin-flesh milkshake. Thank Odin it wasn't his engineering.

He removes the pretty bonnet and petticoat he had been wearing as a disguise, sips a latté that's the perfect balance of foam and steamed milk, then sets the cup down beside the Negotiator, clips on his anti statics and picks through his toolkit. Where to begin, what to do first.....

Advertisement