Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anything cheaper than Nest/Hive/Climote that works with District Heating System?

• 18-02-2018 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hello all,
    1. I used to own a hive but recently moved.
    2. The thermostat in my new place feels like something out of the Flintstones. You have to manually press buttons to control heating! (Hot water is always on with district heating.)
    3. I don't want to spend a fortune getting a nest/hive or climote installed. My max budget is about 150e for device and then guessing 80e-ish for installtion. I literally have 3 requirements:
    > Thermostat
    > The ability to send the reading to my phone 
    > The ability to turn heating on/off while being away from home.
    Anyone have any recommendations please?
    Thanks in advance,
    Kieran

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭davegilly

Kieran01 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    2. The thermostat in my new place feels like something out of the Flintstones. You have to manually press buttons to control heating! (Hot water is always on with district heating.)
    3. I don't want to spend a fortune getting a nest/hive or climote installed. My max budget is about 150e for device and then guessing 80e-ish for installtion. I literally have 3 requirements:
    > Thermostat
    Thanks in advance,
    Kieran
    Have a look at a few Sonoff devices controlled with a temperature sensor. Cheap as chips but will require a bit of setup to get working right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

Kieran01 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    > Thermostat
    Thanks in advance,
    Kieran
    if you are up for the challange then you can do bit of diy work to have all under controll in less then 80€

Advertisement