Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 month old low muscle tone

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

volchitsa wrote: »
    Thanks for that, BC.

Re Enable Ireland, I suppose it's likely that they are busy dealing with such major cases of disability that they don't bother with a minor delay, which of course doesn't mean that the baby concerned would necessarily catch up completely without help.

But if you have a child with a slight developmental delay and don't have the means to go privately it's still concerning. You want your child to be able to develop to the best of his abilities, and "sure it's not too bad" is not ideal.

Anyway, I'm delighted it's worked out so well for you and your little one. I was a bit worried when I saw this thread coming back up, so I'm relieved it was such good news.

Make the most of him!

Will do, though he has a brother or sister arriving in the next two weeks to steal his thunder!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭volchitsa

Will do, though he has a brother or sister arriving in the next two weeks to steal his thunder!

:pac:

I remember saying that about my eldest to our old and wise doctor at the time (he retired a few years after that, but he was the best doctor I ever had for the kids) and he said something like, "Yes of course he'll be jealous, and that's the best thing that could happen to him" which I think is true. It all depends how you handle it of course, but the point is that you see it not as a problem, but just as him learning how to cope with the frustration that he will face later in life too.

Your job is to help him deal with it, not to remove it altogether. Because you can't, for one thing!

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

Advertisement