Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Coffee Sales

Options
  • 18-02-2018 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello people,

So myself and a friend are thinking about trying to start up a coffee shop in a town of 19,000 people. I was wondering if anybody might be able to give the expected number of cups of coffee sold per day?

I realise that this can obviously vary depending on many factors, but I would like to get a rough, general idea.

Thank you in advance :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

In the UK it's roughly just under 1 cup per person per week. I'm sure it varies massively by area and obviously the quality of cafes available and convenience of location. You would need to conduct specific market research in your catchment area to really have an idea. Unless someone here has a similar type of cafe in a similar location who just happens to be willing to share the info then unlikely there will be much relevant help. I can give you figures for a tourist town in Scotland but theres no chance what youre planning will be similar so doubt it'll help you much!

Advertisement