Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York State

Options
  • 18-02-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Heading to New York with Scandanavian Airlines during August. Travelling with better half, 12yo, 9yo and infant. Flying into Stewart airport and plan to do the usual sightseeing in NYC but was hoping to see a bit of New York State too. Any activities or places worth seeing?? Any guidebooks we look at focus solely on NYC without much mention of the rest of the state.
    Also, would it be better to stay outside of NYC and travel in when required, NYC accommodation seems very pricey. Any suggestions??
    Finally I know you ca get some kind of pass to see multiple attractions in NYC. Any idea about these and where to purchase them?? Purchase in advance or when we get there??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are US novices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

It was almost 20 years since i travelled around upstate New York .. depending on the time of the year it can be spectacular.

I did a road trip up to Vermont and stayed in a town called Burlington and it was lovely ... lake placid is close by.

In autumn and the changing colour of the leaves is an awesome sight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Layne

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

No worries. Just wondering where the thread had been moved to.........

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

Part of the New York experience is staying in the city proper.
    Even with the older kids you'll only be able to go about three hours without re charging back at your accomadation.
    August can be brutally hot and make sure wherever you stay has A/C
    New York State is beautiful....so much variety.   I would take a look at Tripadvisors Forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

Layne wrote: »
    Heading to New York with Scandanavian Airlines during August. Travelling with better half, 12yo, 9yo and infant. Flying into Stewart airport and plan to do the usual sightseeing in NYC but was hoping to see a bit of New York State too. Any activities or places worth seeing?? Any guidebooks we look at focus solely on NYC without much mention of the rest of the state.
    Also, would it be better to stay outside of NYC and travel in when required, NYC accommodation seems very pricey. Any suggestions??
    Finally I know you ca get some kind of pass to see multiple attractions in NYC. Any idea about these and where to purchase them?? Purchase in advance or when we get there??
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are US novices.

There is website where you can buy passes: https://www.newyorkpass.com/

Also there is guide book in pdf here LINK

Tourist map LINK

and subway map LINK

• Advertisement
Advertisement