If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony KD-55XE9305

Options
  • 18-02-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

heh there whats the best price on this model? many thanks shane

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

sebcoes wrote: »
    heh there whats the best price on this model? many thanks shane
    Hi Sebcoes.

Thanks for the post.

The 55XE9305 is unfortunately listed as "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" on our .co.uk website and has been removed from our .ie as it has now been discontinued with ourselves.

We are totally out of stock with no more due to arrive.

Might there be another screen that would suit your needs?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sebcoes

Hi Sebcoes.

Thanks for the post.

The 55XE9305 is unfortunately listed as "LAST FEW TO CLEAR" on our .co.uk website and has been removed from our .ie as it has now been discontinued with ourselves.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Is this model now gone from the Sony range to be replaced by something else? I see the new XF90 but that's seems to release a lower model from last year, no announced direct replacement in the 2018 lineup?

I am looking for a good 55" 4K TV, have been put off OLED as many friends have had screen burn in issues that LG or other manufacturers won't replace.

What would u recommend? Max budget up to €1750/€2000

Thanks

Hi Sebcoes.

Thanks for the post.

Many thanks for the quick reply.

Is this model now gone from the Sony range to be replaced by something else? I see the new XF90 but that's seems to release a lower model from last year, no announced direct replacement in the 2018 lineup?

I am looking for a good 55" 4K TV, have been put off OLED as many friends have had screen burn in issues that LG or other manufacturers won't replace.

What would u recommend? Max budget up to €1750/€2000

Thanks
    Hi Sebcoes.

Yeah, no announcement by Sony just yet but I would like to think it will be soon as some of their models are starting to wrap up.

I'm not sure on the screen burn your friends have suffered as there were some earlier panels that developed this. I've had my 55B6 for around 8 months and game a lot on it and have never had any image retention on it at all.
    Most of the time screen burn is down to user error for leaving a static image present on the panel for a long period of time. The same was for Plasma in its day.

We have also never had a customer with screen burn issues on any of the LG OLED screens we have sold.

If you want to stay away from OLED how about Samsung's QLED.
    The 55Q7F coming in at 1649 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202512-qe55q7f.aspx

In my opinion there are no better screens on the market compared to OLED.

Thanks Kenny appreciate this. I do love the image quality on the OLED's, its clear they are leading the way on image.
    I had found a lot online between Sky's own foums and other sources around screen issues and asked friends who owned them already. Some like you have had no issue while others have had a bad time with image issues.

I do have a Xbox 1 X and game a lot so the HUDs on this being fairly static had concerned me.
    On the OLED front for my budget what would you recommend?

Thanks Kenny appreciate this. I do love the image quality on the OLED's, its clear they are leading the way on image.
    I had found a lot online between Sky's own foums and other sources around screen issues and asked friends who owned them already. Some like you have had no issue while others have had a bad time with image issues.

I do have a Xbox 1 X and game a lot so the HUDs on this being fairly static had concerned me.
    On the OLED front for my budget what would you recommend?
    Hey Sebcoes.

There are a few to look at.

The old faithful LG 55B7 currently priced at 1899.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202521-oled55b7v.aspx

Philips have their 55" version which takes the LG and beefs it up. Priced also at 1899.00 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203072-phil-55pos9002.aspx

Panasonic produced the 55EZ952B priced a little over budget at 2099 euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202712-tx55ez952b.aspx

All of the above include our 6 year guarantee free of charge.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny could you quote me your best price in GBP on the LG please?

Also look for a cantilever wall bracket which needs full motion?

Hi SEbcoes.

At the moment the 55B7 is priced at £1799 sterling and 1899 Euro. So I would say it will be cheaper to buy this in Euro.

For a Full motion bracket to fit the LG we have the Sanus BLF213-B1 which retail at £179.00 or 199.99 Euro ( I could drop to £130 or 150 Euro).
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202745-blf213-b1.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.