Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unauthorised booking on my airbnb

Options
  • 18-02-2018 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Any help appreciated. Just got notifications from airbnb that someone has booked a place in China using my account. I cant find anywhere to report this fraudulent activity on airbnb. Any help please guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

iHungry wrote:
    Any help appreciated. Just got notifications from airbnb that someone has booked a place in China using my account. I cant find anywhere to report this fraudulent activity on airbnb. Any help please guys

Remove link to payment details on your account for a start.
    Change your password.

Don't know reporting process myself I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Go to their Help Centre and select the closest issue. Keep clicking through until you get a message box displayed where you can type in your report.

You could also try tweeting them or contacting them via Facebook. Just ask how you can report suspected fraudulent activity on your account?

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/contact_us

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭iHungry

I've changed my password but I'm finding it impossible to report my issue. I rang PayPal to report but they said contact airbnb.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

moving this to accommodation & property forum where you may get more help. Please note the new forum charter

I managed to get through on the phone. They are investigating. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

Well all I've heard back from airbnb is an email confirming they are investigating. They haven't cancelled anything so i cancelled it myself and have gotten back €481 from €901. Airbnb sucks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

iHungry wrote:
    Well all I've heard back from airbnb is an email confirming they are investigating. They haven't cancelled anything so i cancelled it myself and have gotten back €481 from €901. Airbnb sucks!!

Report it to your bank as fraud.

Advertisement