Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Root Canal Removal? Also Mercury filling replacmeent

Options
  • 18-02-2018 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

Some advice would be greatly appreciated from experst if anyone has time!
    I had root canal about 3 years ago and since then I have had some skin issues on face and neck and other autoimmune issues that I cannot explain.
    The root canal was on the lower left 2cd molar.
    The adjacent tooth - lower left 1st molar now has a mild throbbing pain on and off.
    I went to see a dentist who is recommending another root canal.
    However I am worried it is the root canal causing the issue.
    One of the things I ignored when moving ahead with first root canal was a medical friend's (who although is a lovely person and very knowledgeable is a little conspiratorial in her outlook) advice that root canals are not a good idea - they don't last as a solution and often lead to another adjacent root canal. And here I am 3 years later with exactly that predicament.

How difficult is root canal removal? Obviously will require an endodontist
    Could anyone recommend someone good?

Also from my own reading I have one mercury filling that was done at same time as root canal - and if this can be replaced by a non mercury filling do I have anything to lose?

Steve
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

http://www.endoruddle.com/blogs/show/18/quack-watch-keeping-your-patients-informed

Root canals being "bad" falls squarly into the holistic dentistry realm. Now you either buy into that or you do not. Buying into something does not make it true but it does colour the things your willing to accept as true.

IMHO root canal treatments do not cause somatic or autoimmune problems, focal infection theory was long ago discredited. Root canal is a very common proceedure and skin and autoimmune conditions are very common...its easy draw a link, but funnily people only draw the link in one direction and not the other.

A dentist that specializes in root canals is called an endodontist.

Once a tooth has been root canal treated it always need to be, or your can extract the entire tooth.

Amalgam fillings (not mercury, no more than water is hydrogen gas) also draw the same conspiracy which is unproven in 150 years of use. If you go to a holistic dentist you will get holistic dentistry. If you talk to alternative people you get alternative answers. If you talk to a scientist they wont give you the answers that promise anything. If anyone starts talking about unspecified, non specific "toxins" run for the hills, or better yet ask which specific toxins they are talking about....watch the confused and panicked look on their face as they deflect or make something up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 StevePB

Root canals being "bad" falls squarly into the holistic dentistry realm. Now you either buy into that or you do not. Buying into something does not make it true but it does colour the things your willing to accept as true.

IMHO root canal treatments do not cause somatic or autoimmune problems, focal infection theory was long ago discredited. Root canal is a very common proceedure and skin and autoimmune conditions are very common...its easy draw a link, but funnily people only draw the link in one direction and not the other.

A dentist that specializes in root canals is called an endodontist.

Once a tooth has been root canal treated it always need to be, or your can extract the entire tooth.

Amalgam fillings (not mercury, no more than water is hydrogen gas) also draw the same conspiracy which is unproven in 150 years of use. If you go to a holistic dentist you will get holistic dentistry. If you talk to alternative people you get alternative answers. If you talk to a scientist they wont give you the answers that promise anything. If anyone starts talking about unspecified, non specific "toxins" run for the hills, or better yet ask which specific toxins they are talking about....watch the confused and panicked look on their face as they deflect or make something up.

Thanks FG sincerely appreciate the response (just seeing it now)

Quick questions

Where can I get good quality emergency treatment?
    (asthe pain is from a crack part of root canaled tooth and is now hurting more and more)

Is it true that anaerobic do/can reside in root canals?

RE Mercury - if I can go mercury free whats involved?

If I get the root canaled tooth pulled whats involved?

Steve

Advertisement