Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Keypad not working.

Options
  • 18-02-2018 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭

Hi i was moving the keypad roughly 4 inches for the alarm this morning as i wanted to hide the cables. So i powered the alarm down by removing the fuse at the mains spur. I opened the keypad and the alarm went off which was the tamper on the keypad so i disconnected the battery, in the meantime the external bell is ringing (15mins approx) i moved the keypad to its new position and secured it to the wall and reconected the battery and then the mains.
    The problem is the keypad is not working...no lights and the display is blank and the alarm is going off constantly.
    Anyone help me out with this?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you checked the connections and the keypad fuse on the main PCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks i didn't think of that. I checked the 3 fuses and im not getting any continuity on the 1 above the tamper switch. The 2 at the top of the picture are ok.
    Can i pick 1 up in the likes of Kellehers?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes kellehers should have them.
    You could also wire the keypad positive into ext or int positive just to get it going in the mean time.

Thanks for your help. I'll pick up a couple of fuses (just in case) tomorrow and fit it in.
    Its a bit late to be changing wires over incase the external bell goes off.

Edit:
    The unit is powered down now, when i replace the fuse will all the settings be erased from the system eg. Time-date/ Zone 1 /Zone 2 etc will it have to reprogrammed?

No settings will remain as long as you didn't remove the factory link marked LK1.
    Time & date will be off that's all.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    No settings will remain as long as you didn't remove the factory link marked LK1.
    Time & date will be off that's all.
    Thanks for your help. Im back up and running. The time and date are wrong and i tried the engineers code to edit the time and date but its locked out.

Does your user code give you access to any menu.?

Does your user code give you access to any menu.?
    Not that I can see. When I put my code in should I be pressing the keys with arrow up or arrow down to access the menus?

If you enter you code and it arms straight away then your code has no other permissions set up for it.
    If it stops on Arm Menu you can use arrow down to scroll through the user menu.

If you enter you code and it arms straight away then your code has no other permissions set up for it.
    If it stops on Arm Menu you can use arrow down to scroll through the user menu.
    Hi when i enter the code it goes straight to arm so im locked out.
    Its a very minor issue, and im not aying a callout to the guy just to fix the time and date...its an old system and i may be looking at getting a newer system in with text/email notifications and possible cctv etc.
    Looking at the forum here its down to HKC or the Seimens.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sure live with it for now. If you need more information when upgrading come back to us.

Advertisement