Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alpe D'Huez ski schools

Options
  • 18-02-2018 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

The GF and I have booked a last-minute week to Alpe D'Huez next Saturday with Crystal. For simplicity we were adding on the various extras (ski pass, rental, etc) to the booking. For lessons, the school that Crystal use (ESF) are fully booked for morning lessons, so we're provisionally booked into afternoon lessons.

Obviously we'd much prefer AM lessons - I've skied 5 times, and this is her 2nd trip (always in St Anton or Mayrhofen). I emailed 2 other schools (Masterclass, who told me that they had no morning availability) and Easy Ski School (awaiting reply).

My hazy recollection of previous trips is that I've only ever pre-booked lessons once before (and that was just to get a 2-for-1 deal), and that generally there's never usually any problem signing up for group lessons with a ski school when we arrive. Anybody with any experience of Alpe D'Huez that could confirm if that's the case?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

wowy wrote: »
    The GF and I have booked a last-minute week to Alpe D'Huez next Saturday with Crystal. For simplicity we were adding on the various extras (ski pass, rental, etc) to the booking. For lessons, the school that Crystal use (ESF) are fully booked for morning lessons, so we're provisionally booked into afternoon lessons.

Obviously we'd much prefer AM lessons - I've skied 5 times, and this is her 2nd trip (always in St Anton or Mayrhofen). I emailed 2 other schools (Masterclass, who told me that they had no morning availability) and Easy Ski School (awaiting reply).

My hazy recollection of previous trips is that I've only ever pre-booked lessons once before (and that was just to get a 2-for-1 deal), and that generally there's never usually any problem signing up for group lessons with a ski school when we arrive. Anybody with any experience of Alpe D'Huez that could confirm if that's the case?

Just back from there and you have just left but its very busy there with French holidays hence the lack of availability you may not be able to turn up and book

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Yeah, we hadn't realised that there was French mid-term going on, hence why all the lessons were booked and everywhere was mobbed. We went with the PM lessons in the end, wasn't the end of the world, but definitely would've preferred the morning ski school as afternoon lessons started quite late (at 14.45).

Advertisement