Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calorie posting legislation

Options
  • 18-02-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I'm trying to find out more information in relation to the proposed calorie posting legislation but I'm only able to find old articles about the original idea and the consultation period but I'm not able to find anything after that?
    Is anybody able to point me in the right direction for this? Will calorie posting on menus be mandatory and from what time onward?
    It's mentioned in the Obesity Policy and Action Plan but I can't find any concrete dates anywhere.
    I must not be searching correctly so if anybody is able to point me in the right direction that would be great.
    Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

what exactly are you looking for? you give no info on what you have seen already so I have no idea if posting links is worthwhile.

All I can add is that it is called the "Health & Wellbeing Bill" and I have not heard about it in a long time. I would love for it to come into effect, would be a great backup for complaining about being served poor portion sizes -while most consider it to solely being of use to people trying to diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fredul

rubadub wrote: »
    what exactly are you looking for? you give no info on what you have seen already so I have no idea if posting links is worthwhile.

All I can add is that it is called the "Health & Wellbeing Bill" and I have not heard about it in a long time. I would love for it to come into effect, would be a great backup for complaining about being served poor portion sizes -while most consider it to solely being of use to people trying to diet.
    Hi Rubadub,

Thanks a million for the reply.
    All the information that I'm able to find (can't list them all here) are articles from 2013, 2015 up until 2017 but I can't find anything about whether the consultation phase ended with any conclusions on whether the legislation will be made mandatory and from what date onward if that would be the case.

Does that make sense?

Advertisement