Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling old mobile phones which were locked to Meteor?

Options
  • 18-02-2018 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭

hello I have some old (and i mean old) Nokia phones (and a couple of sagem ones) which still have some life in them and was thinking one day of putting them up for sale. for years I would have been with Meteor so they would have been locked to the meteor network. so now what happens? - with they be locked to eir mobile now? - in other words to whoever i sell them to will they just pop in their eir mobile SIM and it will work? 
    Thanks. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

sugarman wrote: »
    hello I have some old (and i mean old) Nokia phones (and a couple of sagem ones) which still have some life in them and was thinking one day of putting them up for sale. for years I would have been with Meteor so they would have been locked to the meteor network. so now what happens? - with they be locked to eir mobile now? - in other words to whoever i sell them to will they just pop in their eir mobile SIM and it will work? 
    Thanks. 
    If theyre old OLD like you say, unlock them in seconds yourself with http://nokiafree.org/free-nokia-unlock-codes/
    thanks i will give it a go 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Thanks. 
    Hi Andy From Sligo,

Thanks for the message.

If they were purchased originally from meteor they will be compatible with any Eir sim. If you wish to unlock them you will need to contact our support team on 1901. 

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement