Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB and travelling abroad

• 18-02-2018 7:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭

Hey - i heard that you can inform the bank online now before travelling abroad - does anyone know how to do this?  Nothing on their site or open24...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

Nothing on their site or open24...

Then the answer is pretty obvious - give them a call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

homer911 wrote: »
    Then the answer is pretty obvious - give them a call

Very helpful. No harm in asking because someone might know how it's done through Open 24:

Login to the Open24 site then click on 'Do More' tab in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Next under Card Maintenance click on 'Add or amend a travel note for you Visa Debit Card or Credit Card'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

It’s on open24. I think you go to Do More and there should be an option to add a travel note. You can’t do it on the app though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭cml387

I would highly recommend this.
    PTSB put a hold on my card when I was in Italy. A phone call fixed it but better to inform them beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭dunworth1

also if you are travelling to different parts of the country you are visiting make sure to put that in also and they blocked my card while i was in the states
    after travelling from New York to Boston

• Advertisement
Advertisement