Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stomach pain after running

• 18-02-2018 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭

I went out for a jog last tuesday, did 5k and all seemed fine. I started getting bad stomach cramps afterwards and was unable to do anything physical since. The same thing happened to me late last year as well.
    Is there anything I can do to stop this happening? I'm quite bulky with a bit of a gut - I think it could have been the up-down motion that caused it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Never heard of stomach cramps after a run and the effects to last that long, I would see a GP first and foremost to rule out any medical issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,473 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I get an upset tummy towards the end of hard runs quite often especially if I've literally busted a gut on them, the expression comes from somewhere! Take things a bit more slowly and build up the distance over time and it may get better as your fitness improves.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement