Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting a stolen phone

Options
  • 18-02-2018 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

My daughters phone was stolen Thursday night . Spent the next day on her breaks from work trying to get through to Eir to block the sim. She then tried again when she got home and low and behold they close at 6 pm and don’t work weekends
    So basically if your phone is stolen on a Friday after 6 you have no way to contact them until Monday morning . Seriously is this some kind of a joke it is ridiculous that you don’t have someone that can do this after 6 or the weekend .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

reddanmm wrote: »
    My daughters phone was stolen Thursday night . Spent the next day on her breaks from work trying to get through to Eir to block the sim. She then tried again when she got home and low and behold they close at 6 pm and don’t work weekends
    So basically if your phone is stolen on a Friday after 6 you have no way to contact them until Monday morning . Seriously is this some kind of a joke it is ridiculous that you don’t have someone that can do this after 6 or the weekend .
    https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/
    So you're suggesting this page is incorrect? No Longer an eir customer so can't check now,  but was always able to contact cc at weekends. Your daughter could also have called into a shop if there was one close by.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

No I spoke to someone in Eir sat morming . Customer Care is closed at 6 weekdays and the weekends . The store will not do it either.
    The phone was put on lost mode . But the sim might have been active for a few hours .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

reddanmm wrote: »
    No I spoke to someone in Eir sat morming . Customer Care is closed at 6 weekdays and the weekends . The store will not do it either.
    The phone was put on lost mode . But the sim might have been active for a few hours .
    Hi reddanmm ,

Our customer support team for mobile is open 8 am - 8 pm from Monday - Sunday.

Please see further details on the link below

https://www.eir.ie/about/contact/

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

Sorry to differ with you Thomas but you cannot report a stolen phone after 6 or the weekend . We spoke to 4 different agents and all said customer care is closed after 6 and sat and sundays. The guy in The Eir store could not do it either .

Advertisement