Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top for under suit? Stumped

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'd go for the first one but in navy. Or some similar short sleeved knitted top in navy. It's a lovely skirt but because it's a statement piece I would keep top very simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

meeeeh wrote: »
    I'd go for the first one but in navy. Or some similar short sleeved knitted top in navy. It's a lovely skirt but because it's a statement piece I would keep top very simple.

I agree, I wouldn't go for a pattern at all. Any plain shell top or blouse or shirt in cream, light grey, light blue, navy , light pink, lemon etc....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks! I originally started with a plain navy top I have and my oh thought it looked dull!

I think I'll just go with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Kind of agree, but the plain round-neck top in peach is a bit teacher-y.
    (unless you are a teacher of course? in which case, staffroom win!)

I'd go for something like that but in a less "neutral" colour, - a fresher pastel, dots, or lace, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Kind of agree, but the plain round-neck top in peach is a bit teacher-y.
    (unless you are a teacher of course? in which case, staffroom win!)

I'd go for something like that but in a less "neutral" colour, - a fresher pastel, dots, or lace, etc.

I'm not a teacher and tend to go for contrast

The suit is very statement tbh

And imo the navy works

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

Stheno wrote: »

I would avoid these two anyway - the denim and the Pamela Scott one. The denim one is too chunky to wear under a suit. The others are nice tops but they are busy.

The suit is patterned...so you are looking at keeping your tops underneath plain really.

I'd pick nice blouses and tops that are plain but brightly coloured. You could go with a duck egg pussy bow silk blouse for example. Red would also be nice under that suit. You can't go wrong with black..maybe a high neck top or blouse with a small bit of lace detail.

The other tops are nice and could be worn with trousers and a plain blazer.

Good luck in your new job.

ETA. I thought the suit was black and grey. Go with navy instead of black where I said black lace above. Pink is also very nice with navy and grey btw.

Advertisement