Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extending our WHV?

Options
  • 18-02-2018 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi guys , my wife and I have return home from working holiday visa at Christmas after 18 months. We miss it so much we want to return and try to extend our Visa which expire in June , how difficult is this process ? We are also thinking of going for permanent residency but don't know the process, would it be better to apply from within Canada during our remaining months? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Reach out to a solicitor, and see if you have enough points, and if not, how you could improve the points before you come back here.

AFAIK, the entire process can be done from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

the_syco wrote: »
    Reach out to a solicitor, and see if you have enough points, and if not, how you could improve the points before you come back here.

AFAIK, the entire process can be done from abroad.

You don't need a solicitor to find out how many points you have (or even to go through the process).

There's a points calculator here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
    you have not filled out an Express Entry profile and you’d like to see what your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)

At some point there'll be a question around English test results. If you have yet to do the English exam you can assume top points as a native English speaker.

You can then check the list of recent draws here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Draws have been around 440 - 460 points recently.

You can do the whole process from Ireland, no problem. Only restriction is that the medical can only be done in Mater Private or Belvedere Surgery in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Thanks for the info guys, do the both of us have to do the IELTS english exam if im applying as the principal applicant? or does my wife also have to do it? also being a Carpenter do i need to complete a ECA ?
    Thanks

Advertisement