Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you take a hand blender on a Ryanair flight?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Airport security might have an issue with the blade - best check with the airport you're departing from

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

DAA website states:

"This includes knives (with blades over 6cm), razor blades, box cutters, scissors (with blades over 6cm from fulcrim), axes, hatchets, cleavers, ice axes, ice picks, swords, sabres and sharp or pointed martial arts equipment."

Can't find blade length online though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Do you want to bring it home with you? Address Pal may deliver it for you for €15.99. I haven't checked their T&Cs but it might be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭WhyTheFace

Wheety wrote: »
    Do you want to bring it home with you? Address Pal may deliver it for you for €15.99. I haven't checked their T&Cs but it might be an option.

No just to bring with me on self catering holiday and bring home again.

Not a major issue obviously, just handy to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

WhyTheFace wrote: »
    No just to bring with me on self catering holiday and bring home again.

Not a major issue obviously, just handy to have!

It’s DAA security who let you on or not, so you could contact them, but I wouldn’t risk it personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

No too dicy pardon the pun

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Blade much shorter than 6cm, it should be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

If it were me, I'd buy a cheap-as-chips blender at my destination, and then try bringing it back with me - that way, if it is taken off you, it's not a big deal - if it isn't you've a spare at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

tringle wrote: »
    Blade much shorter than 6cm, it should be okay.

Ah, but they're 4 blades with 700 watts of power. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Ah, but they're 4 blades with 700 watts of power. :D

Can you not volunteer your hand luggage to the checkin desk to avoid the hassle of going through security only for to have to abandon it at the plane steps if you don’t have priority boarding now.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Doltanian wrote: »
    Can you not volunteer your hand luggage to the checkin desk to avoid the hassle of going through security only for to have to abandon it at the plane steps if you don’t have priority boarding now.

Only Aer Lingus take hand baggage at their check in desks

Advertisement