Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interviewees not showing up - anyone else?

Options
  • 19-02-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

We,ve been recruiting for staff across 3 branches of our business over the last few weeks and while we are getting CVs in and arranging interviews we are getting alot of arranged interviews not showing up and not even ringing to say they cant make it or theyve changed their mind. Is anyone else whos been recruiting having the same issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Can't really speak as to goings on at the moment.
    I used forgive those that cancelled reasonably, or explained the wouldn't be attending as had different offers but those that didn't show were very much kept on file.

The wheel is always turning. And in one case we told someone we were not offering them an interview because they hadn't attended one 18 months previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

neris wrote: »
    We,ve been recruiting for staff across 3 branches of our business over the last few weeks and while we are getting CVs in and arranging interviews we are getting alot of arranged interviews not showing up and not even ringing to say they cant make it or theyve changed their mind. Is anyone else whos been recruiting having the same issues?

Is it a long period between scheduling an interview and the actual interview date ?

Or is it a significant period of time between them submitting CV and them being contacted.

Alot of people will take the first job offered to them especially when younger people in entry level or retail positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is it a long period between scheduling an interview and the actual interview date ?

Or is it a significant period of time between them submitting CV and them being contacted.

Alot of people will take the first job offered to them especially when younger people in entry level or retail positions.

No delay on our side the cv comes in and theyd be rung to arrange an interview within the next 24 hours or at a time to suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

No delay on our side the cv comes in and theyd be rung to arrange an interview within the next 24 hours or at a time to suit them.

Is there any negative feedback reviews about your company on glassdoor or irish jobs or similar ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Could these people be sent to you from the likes of job path and turas nua? Some of the jobs I was instructed to apply for were so far outside what was suitable it was ridiculous. Although I never just didn't turn up at an interview, if they're being made apply they will have less interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

What I've seen about job advertisements and even up to the interview and after, there is never any mention of the salary/rate. So people are expected to attend 3 interviews and then be told that there starting on minimum wage, where as if they were told this in the beginning they would of saved a lot of time and expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    What I've seen about job advertisements and even up to the interview and after, there is never any mention of the salary/rate. So people are expected to attend 3 interviews and then be told that there starting on minimum wage, where as if they were told this in the beginning they would of saved a lot of time and expense.

Anybody turning up for three interviews without asking about the salary deserves to be on minimum wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

r mind. Is anyone else whos been recruiting having the same issues?

I never had no-shows when recruiting for more senior roles. It depends on the level of the job / candidate which is why one has to be very precise in the ‘selection for interview’ process…are you calling back the right potential candidates? Is the time-frame short (it should be!)? Are you giving the correct corporate image at the interview? Are you fully describing the job interview process? i.e. “after this round we will have narrowed our selection down to X number candidates and will be offering the job/role/position to Y of them”

Advertisement