Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prefab modular house-planning permission?

Options
  • 19-02-2018 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there
    I`m looking into getting a concrete prefab modular house from Scandinavia. The producer brings the home folded on a trailer and can set it up in 7 hrs. That house does not require any foundation - just solid levelled ground, power and water supply. It can be folded in a couple of hours and move again.
    Would it be considered as a temporary structure? Should I look for a planning permission?
    The house has all safety certificates and is in use in couple EU countries. Are they any other regulation I should consider?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

eastrader wrote: »
    Hi there
    I`m looking into getting a concrete prefab modular house from Scandinavia. The producer brings the home folded on a trailer and can set it up in 7 hrs. That house does not require any foundation - just solid levelled ground, power and water supply. It can be folded in a couple of hours and move again.
    Would it be considered as a temporary structure? Should I look for a planning permission?
    The house has all safety certificates and is in use in couple EU countries. Are they any other regulation I should consider?

You will require planning permission for that exact structure, so you need to find out what it will look like erected.

Also, you need someone in Ireland that will issue Certificates of Compliance with Planning and Building Regulations.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

As per forum charter recommendations or naming specific companies by PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eastrader

kceire wrote: »
    You will require planning permission for that exact structure, so you need to find out what it will look like erected.

Also, you need someone in Ireland that will issue Certificates of Compliance with Planning and Building Regulations.

Who is authorised to issue the Certificate of Compliance? What kind of documents would be expected from auditor?

Who is authorised to issue the Certificate of Compliance? What kind of documents would be expected from auditor?

Architect, Engineer or Building Surveyor.
    It must comply with our building regulations.

http://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/building-standards/building-standards

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Gruffalo27

Hi there

Hi Eastrader would you be able to pm me the name please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Rallyxtom

Hi eastrader
    Can you pm details of company/house please

• Registered Users Posts: 14 eastrader

In relation to the company questions, and this forum policy I will contact you on PM with the further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

In relation to the company questions, and this forum policy I will contact you on PM with the further details.

Can you pm me the details also please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 doncon

Hi Eastrader, Could you also pm me details or you’re supplier. Thanks

doncon wrote: »
    Hi Eastrader, Could you also pm me details or you’re supplier. Thanks

Be interesting to find out if the OP ever proceeded with this type of construction.

• Advertisement
Advertisement