Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key Code - - - Another PITA

Options
  • 19-02-2018 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭

Yet again as a BOI Business customer it looks like you are railroading us into doing things your way or the highway.

Firstly, I am an accountant.  I come to work at a desk with a PC.  I have a big thing in the corner of my desk plugged into a wall.  It is called a telephone.  They still exist and the whole world hasn't actually gone mobile phone crazy.  But I am in my 40's so young enough to have grown up with a mobile phone also.  I'm also using them long enough now to be sick of them and my current device is over 2 years old.  When it claps out, my plan is to get an old fashioned Nokia styyle phone which I can take and make calls on and for added benefits, I'll make sure to get one which can facilitate text messsages.  That's it.  I don't want or need social media, apps nor internet.  That is what I have a computer for

I am lucky enough that my jobs pays my mobile bill, but they don't pay for the mobile bills of all our business online users.  I will absolutely not ask force any of them to use their own personal device to download your app so they can use it for work purposes.

Now myself, I probably log into BOL a couple of times a day.  I also have already outlined my despise for mobile phones.  I regularly realise I've left my phone in the car or even at home when I land at my desk.  To be honest, it doesn't bother me, because I'm in work, there is a working telephone at my desk which I can use and people can contact me on.

My wife has spent the last week in her job doing her best to get to grips with this key code lark.  All I heard every evening was abusse and dismay about it and how awkward it was to set up and subsequently use.  Similar to my position, shy will not force her staff to use their personal devices, but she was lucky as they don't actually all have their own logins (Wrong IMO) but rather one central login for everyone to use.  They also found an old iPad in the office which tey were able to use to download your app.  But we don't have such a luxury.

This below message is what greeted me this morning when i logged in.  I seen similar messages before, but I generally ignore them.  I've no idea if they were the same.  I read it this morning for the first time as a result of my wife bitching an moaning about your key code.  I feel if something is important enough, you should at least have the decency to pick up the phone to me or at the very least write me a proper letter which I would most likely read.  Do you realise the amount of spam and junk that pops up on computers nowadays.  Way to much to concern myself with reading any of it, that's for sure.

So Bank of Ireland.  I ask you the question.  Why are you forcing your customers to use a Key Code app to log into your website?

And what are you doing for people who have no mobile phones or have no interest in using your key code app to login?
    Dear Customer,
    This is a reminder to complete KeyCode setup for each Administrator and User on your profile. If you have already completed this for all Users then no further action is required.
    Once the Business On Line Administrator(s) have activated their own KeyCode app, you have 5 days to complete the following steps for each User to avoid any service disruption.
    Note the following steps should also be completed for any outsourced payroll providers, who are set up as Users on your Business On Line profile.
    1. All Users on the profile need to download the Bank of Ireland KeyCode app onto their device.
    2. Administrator needs to log in to their Business On Line Administrator profile and click the activate button beside each User on the Dashboard.
    3. Follow the on screen instructions to complete User setup.
    [*]
    If these steps are not completed within 5 days, the User will be locked out and will need to contact their Administrator to complete the above steps in order to continue using Business On Line.
    HashTab Software
    This free software will be required to verify bulk payment files on Business On Line, when using KeyCode. All Users (including outsourced payroll providers) who manage the upload of payment files to Business On Line will need to download this software.
    This is available to download from the Bank of Ireland website and more information can be found here.
    Got a question?
    Website: [url=file:///C:/Users/a970908/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/Content.Outlook/ULBBTNQG/bankofireland.com/keycode]bankofireland.com/keycode[/url]
    Email: keycodequeries@boi.com
    Call: ROI 1890 818 265 / NI 0345 309 8123 / GB 0345 309 8124 / Other locations +353 1 460 6445
    Kind regards,
    Your Business On Line team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭RonTon

For a service you pay a monthly charge the usability of BOI business online is seriously limited , you can only go back 3 months to review transactions ,why you can’t go back 12 months is crazy.
    If making payments you have to log into a PC ,you cannot do that on iPad .
    The KeyCode system is clunky and not user friendly.
    Why not a fully functioning app similar to 365online ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yet again as a BOI Business customer it looks like you are railroading us into doing things your way or the highway.

Firstly, I am an accountant. I come to work at a desk with a PC. I have a big thing in the corner of my desk plugged into a wall. It is called a telephone. They still exist and the whole world hasn't actually gone mobile phone crazy. But I am in my 40's so young enough to have grown up with a mobile phone also. I'm also using them long enough now to be sick of them and my current device is over 2 years old. When it claps out, my plan is to get an old fashioned Nokia styyle phone which I can take and make calls on and for added benefits, I'll make sure to get one which can facilitate text messsages. That's it. I don't want or need social media, apps nor internet. That is what I have a computer for

I am lucky enough that my jobs pays my mobile bill, but they don't pay for the mobile bills of all our business online users. I will absolutely not ask force any of them to use their own personal device to download your app so they can use it for work purposes.

Now myself, I probably log into BOL a couple of times a day. I also have already outlined my despise for mobile phones. I regularly realise I've left my phone in the car or even at home when I land at my desk. To be honest, it doesn't bother me, because I'm in work, there is a working telephone at my desk which I can use and people can contact me on.

My wife has spent the last week in her job doing her best to get to grips with this key code lark. All I heard every evening was abusse and dismay about it and how awkward it was to set up and subsequently use. Similar to my position, shy will not force her staff to use their personal devices, but she was lucky as they don't actually all have their own logins (Wrong IMO) but rather one central login for everyone to use. They also found an old iPad in the office which tey were able to use to download your app. But we don't have such a luxury.

This below message is what greeted me this morning when i logged in. I seen similar messages before, but I generally ignore them. I've no idea if they were the same. I read it this morning for the first time as a result of my wife bitching an moaning about your key code. I feel if something is important enough, you should at least have the decency to pick up the phone to me or at the very least write me a proper letter which I would most likely read. Do you realise the amount of spam and junk that pops up on computers nowadays. Way to much to concern myself with reading any of it, that's for sure.

So Bank of Ireland. I ask you the question. Why are you forcing your customers to use a Key Code app to log into your website?

And what are you doing for people who have no mobile phones or have no interest in using your key code app to login?
    Dear Customer,
    This is a reminder to complete KeyCode setup for each Administrator and User on your profile. If you have already completed this for all Users then no further action is required.
    Once the Business On Line Administrator(s) have activated their own KeyCode app, you have 5 days to complete the following steps for each User to avoid any service disruption.
    Note the following steps should also be completed for any outsourced payroll providers, who are set up as Users on your Business On Line profile.
    • All Users on the profile need to download the Bank of Ireland KeyCode app onto their device.
    • Administrator needs to log in to their Business On Line Administrator profile and click the activate button beside each User on the Dashboard.
    • Follow the on screen instructions to complete User setup.
    [*]
    If these steps are not completed within 5 days, the User will be locked out and will need to contact their Administrator to complete the above steps in order to continue using Business On Line.
    HashTab Software
    This free software will be required to verify bulk payment files on Business On Line, when using KeyCode. All Users (including outsourced payroll providers) who manage the upload of payment files to Business On Line will need to download this software.
    This is available to download from the Bank of Ireland website and more information can be found here.
    Got a question?
    Website: [URL="file:///C:/Users/a970908/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/Content.Outlook/ULBBTNQG/bankofireland.com/keycode"]bankofireland.com/keycode[/URL]
    Call: ROI 1890 818 265 / NI 0345 309 8123 / GB 0345 309 8124 / Other locations +353 1 460 6445
    Kind regards,

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I’m sorry you’re unhappy with the new keycode system that we’d have introduced and I’ll certainly take note of this feedback. Just to let you know that keycode was brought in so that you would no longer need to remember multiple passwords or update Java.

I’ve also given a link here with all the details for our complaints department in case you would like to raise this as an official complaint.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

RonTon wrote: »
    For a service you pay a monthly charge the usability of BOI business online is seriously limited , you can only go back 3 months to review transactions  ,why you can’t go back 12 months is crazy.
    If making payments you have to log into a PC ,you cannot do that on iPad .
    The KeyCode system is clunky and not user friendly.
    Why not a fully functioning app similar to 365online ?

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi there,

Thanks for your message and for your feedback in relation to the Keycode system and I’ll take note of this. Just to let you know that once you have switched over to Keycode you should then be able to access your business online profile through any online browser rather than just on a desktop or a specific IP address as it was with the old system.
    You can also call us on 0818 365 365 to check if your account is eligible for the 365 online system as some business accounts can be set up on 365 online.

Thanks again for getting in touch.
    Darren.
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 15,985 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

so are y

Firstly, I am an accountant.  I come to work at a desk with a PC.  I have a big thing in the corner of my desk plugged into a wall.  It is called a telephone.  They still exist and the whole world hasn't actually gone mobile phone crazy.  But I am in my 40's so young enough to have grown up with a mobile phone also.  I'm also using them long enough now to be sick of them and my current device is over 2 years old.  When it claps out, my plan is to get an old fashioned Nokia styyle phone which I can take and make calls on and for added benefits, I'll make sure to get one which can facilitate text messsages.  That's it.  I don't want or need social media, apps nor internet.  That is what I have a computer for

I am lucky enough that my jobs pays my mobile bill, but they don't pay for the mobile bills of all our business online users.  I will absolutely not ask force any of them to use their own personal device to download your app so they can use it for work purposes.

Now myself, I probably log into BOL a couple of times a day.  I also have already outlined my despise for mobile phones.  I regularly realise I've left my phone in the car or even at home when I land at my desk.  To be honest, it doesn't bother me, because I'm in work, there is a working telephone at my desk which I can use and people can contact me on.

My wife has spent the last week in her job doing her best to get to grips with this key code lark.  All I heard every evening was abusse and dismay about it and how awkward it was to set up and subsequently use.  Similar to my position, shy will not force her staff to use their personal devices, but she was lucky as they don't actually all have their own logins (Wrong IMO) but rather one central login for everyone to use.  They also found an old iPad in the office which tey were able to use to download your app.  But we don't have such a luxury.

This below message is what greeted me this morning when i logged in.  I seen similar messages before, but I generally ignore them.  I've no idea if they were the same.  I read it this morning for the first time as a result of my wife bitching an moaning about your key code.  I feel if something is important enough, you should at least have the decency to pick up the phone to me or at the very least write me a proper letter which I would most likely read.  Do you realise the amount of spam and junk that pops up on computers nowadays.  Way to much to concern myself with reading any of it, that's for sure.

So Bank of Ireland.  I ask you the question.  Why are you forcing your customers to use a Key Code app to log into your website?

Dear Customer,
    • All Users on the profile need to download the Bank of Ireland KeyCode app onto their device.
    • Administrator needs to log in to their Business On Line Administrator profile and click the activate button beside each User on the Dashboard.

[*]
    HashTab Software
    Got a question?
    Website: [url=file:///C:/Users/a970908/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/Temporary Internet Files/Content.Outlook/ULBBTNQG/bankofireland.com/keycode]bankofireland.com/keycode[/url]
    Kind regards,

Hi Seve OB,

I’m sorry you’re unhappy with the new keycode system that we’d have introduced and I’ll certainly take note of this feedback. Just to let you know that keycode was brought in so that you would no longer need to remember multiple passwords or update Java.

I’ve also given a link here with all the details for our complaints department in case you would like to raise this as an official complaint.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

[*]
    so are you telling me that there is no alternative to having to have a key code app?

i've been using business online for close to 20 years now.  i've probably forgotten my password a couple of times alright and locked myself out, but that was easily remedied

as for updating java!!!! really??????  i've never had a computer (and i've had my fair share of them over the years) which didn't prompt me to make sure i was up to date when necessary.  at any rate, i've no doubt there are many other programmes which require java to run smoothly, so this is a bit of a cop out to say the least.

if thats the only reason it has been introduced, then it is an even bigger farce than it first appeared.

honestly, if it was my company, i'd shut down my account and move somewhere else.

disgraceful.

now i know you might think i'm a dinosaur when it comes to using computeres and want things the old fashioned way, but really, the only way to make a complaint on that link is phone or post.  no email address at all?

you are having a laugh right?

• Advertisement

so are y

Firstly, I am an accountant.  I come to work at a desk with a PC.  I have a big thing in the corner of my desk plugged into a wall.  It is called a telephone.  They still exist and the whole world hasn't actually gone mobile phone crazy.  But I am in my 40's so young enough to have grown up with a mobile phone also.  I'm also using them long enough now to be sick of them and my current device is over 2 years old.  When it claps out, my plan is to get an old fashioned Nokia styyle phone which I can take and make calls on and for added benefits, I'll make sure to get one which can facilitate text messsages.  That's it.  I don't want or need social media, apps nor internet.  That is what I have a computer for

I am lucky enough that my jobs pays my mobile bill, but they don't pay for the mobile bills of all our business online users.  I will absolutely not ask force any of them to use their own personal device to download your app so they can use it for work purposes.

Now myself, I probably log into BOL a couple of times a day.  I also have already outlined my despise for mobile phones.  I regularly realise I've left my phone in the car or even at home when I land at my desk.  To be honest, it doesn't bother me, because I'm in work, there is a working telephone at my desk which I can use and people can contact me on.

My wife has spent the last week in her job doing her best to get to grips with this key code lark.  All I heard every evening was abusse and dismay about it and how awkward it was to set up and subsequently use.  Similar to my position, shy will not force her staff to use their personal devices, but she was lucky as they don't actually all have their own logins (Wrong IMO) but rather one central login for everyone to use.  They also found an old iPad in the office which tey were able to use to download your app.  But we don't have such a luxury.

This below message is what greeted me this morning when i logged in.  I seen similar messages before, but I generally ignore them.  I've no idea if they were the same.  I read it this morning for the first time as a result of my wife bitching an moaning about your key code.  I feel if something is important enough, you should at least have the decency to pick up the phone to me or at the very least write me a proper letter which I would most likely read.  Do you realise the amount of spam and junk that pops up on computers nowadays.  Way to much to concern myself with reading any of it, that's for sure.

So Bank of Ireland.  I ask you the question.  Why are you forcing your customers to use a Key Code app to log into your website?

Dear Customer,

[*]
    HashTab Software
    Got a question?
    Kind regards,

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

[*]
    so are you telling me that there is no alternative to having to have a key code app?

i've been using business online for close to 20 years now.  i've probably forgotten my password a couple of times alright and locked myself out, but that was easily remedied

as for updating java!!!! really??????  i've never had a computer (and i've had my fair share of them over the years) which didn't prompt me to make sure i was up to date when necessary.  at any rate, i've no doubt there are many other programmes which require java to run smoothly, so this is a bit of a cop out to say the least.

if thats the only reason it has been introduced, then it is an even bigger farce than it first appeared.

honestly, if it was my company, i'd shut down my account and move somewhere else.

disgraceful.
    [*]
    Thanks for getting back to me here Seve OB.
    It would be the case that the Keycode system is in the process of being rolled out to all Business online customers.
    In relation to the improvements that have been made to our business online service please be assured that we took in to consideration both customer feedback and regular queries that we received through our customer service channels.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Obviously I am being forced to implement this system.

It doesnt say much when every review on the play store slates it with a 1 star review.

IMO, BOI doesn't give a toss about it's corporate customers rolling this tripe out on top of all the other ridiculous hoops and restrictions they put in place.

I rang BOL, they didnt care in the slightest.
    I contacted our relationship manager..... he never even replied

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Obviously I am being forced to implement this system.

It doesnt say much when every review on the play store slates it with a 1 star review.

IMO, BOI doesn't give a toss about it's corporate customers rolling this tripe out on top of all the other ridiculous hoops and restrictions they put in place.

I rang BOL, they didnt care in the slightest.
    I contacted our relationship manager..... he never even replied

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry that you feel we don't care about our customers. The changes to Business On Line with Keycode have been introduced to eliminate the need for Digital Certificates, Java and remembering multiple passwords. If you wish to raise a complaint about this please see our Customer Complaints process which Darren has mentioned above.

Thanks,
    Sarah

As I've said, I made the complaints which have fallen on deaf ears

now tell me how you care for your customers when your senior staff dont even reply to their complaints?
    and when you do get a general operative who will actually listen...all they can say is.....now you dont have to remember your passwords.......

except you do, and you have to remember to bring your phone into work, make sure it is charged, and if not, go home and get it, because without it, you can't even log in to check your account balance.... oh and by the way, there is no alternative solution if you dont have or want to use a smart phone

Just made a payment to someone.

So instead of just entering my password I now have to

open up the app
    click payments
    enter my pin again... even though i just did it to open the app
    enter a challenge code that is on my pc
    enter a payment code on BOL

so thats is 5 transactions on 2 seperate machines instead of 1.  [snipped]

I would often have days where i might be making 10 or 15...even 20 payments.  what a nightmare....

Also another very frustrating thing is having to set up new payees, even before this new app it is not possible to pay once off payees (which a lot of ours would be) without having to set them up as a regular payee and just cluttering a list of useless payees amongst ones that actually should be in the list.  Of course i complained about this before, but it also fell on deaf ears.

I'm sure that this process has probably gotten worse now with the app, but i will raise it again as an issue that needs to be addressed (i wont hoild my breath)

Honestly, I really don't think I'll bother any more.  It is easier to go back to paying cheques.

• Advertisement

OMG

I am absolutely flabergasted.

Yesterday I had to pay a bulk file.  Of course it wouldn't work, so I had to call for help.  45 minutes on hold before I could get an answer and a further 20 minutes of back and forward to check this and that with things not working as we were doing everything correct, but the guy couldn't understand what the problem was.  Anyway, fair play to the dude, he got me fixed.

But WOW.

Hashtab software and right clicking on files to go and check their properties and analyse a string of long data and extract 6 digits from them.

Genuine question...... who actually thinks this thing is a good idea?

It is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER seen.

Another genuine question.  Is there an option to go back to Winbits?... yes Winbits.  that's how bad, stupid and crazy this process is.  I owuld happily go back to dial up... at least the process was straight forward.

OMG

I am absolutely flabergasted.

Yesterday I had to pay a bulk file. Of course it wouldn't work, so I had to call for help. 45 minutes on hold before I could get an answer and a further 20 minutes of back and forward to check this and that with things not working as we were doing everything correct, but the guy couldn't understand what the problem was. Anyway, fair play to the dude, he got me fixed.

But WOW.

Hashtab software and right clicking on files to go and check their properties and analyse a string of long data and extract 6 digits from them.

Genuine question...... who actually thinks this thing is a good idea?

It is the most ridiculous thing I have EVER seen.

Another genuine question. Is there an option to go back to Winbits?... yes Winbits. that's how bad, stupid and crazy this process is. I owuld happily go back to dial up... at least the process was straight forward.

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us here.

I've given a link here that shows all the information we would have on Hashtab and the downloading bulk files to the system. I can also confirm that all Business online have been or are being transferred over to the Keycode system.

Thanks again for your message.
    Darren.

I have the info.

The point it, the system is ridiculous.  I actually thought the fella was taking the p1ss when he told me I had to right click on the file to search the properties to pull apart a string of digits and numbers.

It was invented by someone who clearly has no practical use for the system, and worse still, clearly not tried and tested by end users

I have the info.

The point it, the system is ridiculous. I actually thought the fella was taking the p1ss when he told me I had to right click on the file to search the properties to pull apart a string of digits and numbers.

It was invented by someone who clearly has no practical use for the system, and worse still, clearly not tried and tested by end users

Very sorry that you're unhappy with this. Please be assured that the changes made on Business online with the introduction of Keycode were made taking into account customer feedback that we received and was tested on multiple platforms and by end users.
    Thanks again for the feedback and I'll certainly take note of this. I've also given a link here that shows how you can raise an official complaint with us in case you would like to do this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

[/size][/color]

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Seve OB,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're sorry that you feel we don't care about our customers. The changes to Business On Line with Keycode have been introduced to eliminate the need for Digital Certificates, Java and remembering multiple passwords. If you wish to raise a complaint about this please see our Customer Complaints process which Darren has mentioned above.

Thanks,
    Sarah

I'm back!! :D
    So why do I keep having to Update Java

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Seve OB,

Can we ask if the company has moved over to KeyCode?

Many Thanks
    Alison

as you will see from my posts on this thread and your forum we were forced into a moved to keycode
    a move which we were reluctant to make
    and has been a thorn in my side ever since

Hi Seve OB,

We've checked with our BOL Team for you, they've confirmed once you have fully migrated to KeyCode you will no longer need Java.

If you're being prompted to update Java, it would indicate another program running on your PC requires Java.

We hope the information helps,

Many Thanks
    Alison

its only when I go to the BOL website that I get prompted to update java

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Thanks for getting back to us Seve OB. Can you please check with all Admins and Users on the BOL profile to ensure you have all activated KeyCode to fully migrate the profile.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement

Thanks for getting back to us Seve OB. Can you please check with all Admins and Users on the BOL profile to ensure you have all activated KeyCode to fully migrate the profile.

Thanks
    Tara
    yes all done
    we had to do it all together

If this is happening when you are logging in to Business On Line, please call the Helpdesk on 1890818265 and an adviser will check the profile to identify why you're being prompted to update Java.

Thanks
    Tara

ok
    I just updated it again
    so next time I get a prompt I will call

thanks for your quick response

You're welcome Seve OB. I'll link back in with the BOL Team to double check if you need to remove Java to avoid this. I'll get back to you here as soon as I've an answer from them.

Have a lovely evening and thanks again for getting in touch with us here.

Tara

ok
    I just updated it again
    so next time I get a prompt I will call

thanks for your quick response

Hi Seve OB,

I've checked again with the team and they advised that the Java update prompt is on the log in screen as we still have some customers using the old Digital Cert method. As you have migrated to KeyCode, you can ignore the Java prompt on our website. As soon as all customers have been migrated this prompt will be removed.

Sorry for any confusion this has caused.

Thanks
    Tara

yea I just realised I am getting the java update prompt every time I go to the website, before I even try to log in

so it can't be to do with our profile

prompting me again this morning  once I open IE

I wish I still had old Digital Cert method... any way I can please downgrade?  It was wayyy better

Hi Seve OB

Thanks for coming back to us. We'll certainly forward your views and experience to our BOL Team. I'm afraid, reverting back is not an option.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement