Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray - Fatima House roof collapsing

Options
  • 19-02-2018 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is going on with Fatima House? (the grey building with the statue of Mary over the door, right beside the level crossing.)

I was just walking past there yesterday and noticed that the roof has seriously collapsed on the right side - you can see a big area of sky through the top floor window. Is it being left to fall to bits so that something else can be built on the site?

I never thought to get a picture, but if I'm passing there today I definitely will.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

oh6H9BP.jpg

Looks like the whole corner section has fallen in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

when was it last in use? I thought it was occupied up until not too long ago, as a drop-in centre of sorts??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I don't know - I remember that there used to be an occasional saying of the rosary in there but I have no real idea when that was; could have been more than five years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

who owns it? I remember going to teenage discos there many many years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

The weather we're getting right now isn't going to do that place any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 chewey louis

the owners are trying to get permission for apartments and a community meeting place on the ground floor

Advertisement