If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" - 43" HD TV

Options
  • 19-02-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

I am just looking for a HD tv. I don't think I need 4k as I don't have pay sports and it doesn't seem 4k will be coming to terrestrial/satellite free to air anytime soon. Or am I wrong there?

I have set top boxes so don't need multiple tuners.

At the moment I have a Chromecast, DVD player and 2 stbs plugged into a hdmi splitter but the splitter is changing the hdmi input source by itself which is a pain. Is there any solution with that?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

I am just looking for a HD tv. I don't think I need 4k as I don't have pay sports and it doesn't seem 4k will be coming to terrestrial/satellite free to air anytime soon. Or am I wrong there?

I have set top boxes so don't need multiple tuners.

At the moment I have a Chromecast, DVD player and 2 stbs plugged into a hdmi splitter but the splitter is changing the hdmi input source by itself which is a pain. Is there any solution with that?

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf.

Thanks for the post.

Pretty much all the TV's we now sell are 4K.

You will be able to do away with your splitter and just connect directly to the television with each HDMI from you Set top boxes.
    Does you DVD player use scart or HDMI to connect? If its scart you will find it hard to get a television that still have scart inputs unfortunately.

You should have a look at the LG 43UJ630 priced at £349.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-43uj630v.aspx

Samsung have the 40MU6120 priced at £349.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202889-400033.aspx

Let me know if I'm in the right area with either of the above two televisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hi Tigerandahalf.

Thanks for the post.

You will be able to do away with your splitter and just connect directly to the television with each HDMI from you Set top boxes.
    Does you DVD player use scart or HDMI to connect? If its scart you will find it hard to get a television that still have scart inputs unfortunately.

When you say I can do away with the splitter how does that work?
    Is there a separate box with remote that the hdmi input cables link into?

Also to add I want very good clear sound quality on the tv. But a lot of these newer tvs don't seem to have speakers on the front like my existing one.

Hi Tigerandahalf.

Thanks for the post.

Also to add I want very good clear sound quality on the tv. But a lot of these newer tvs don't seem to have speakers on the front like my existing one.
    Hi Tiger.

I'm a little confused by your reply?

You have 2 set top boxes connected to a splitter via HDMI and one HDMI to your current TV? Is this correct or may I have missed something?

A new television would have 3 or 4 HDMI inputs on it depending on which you went for. 
    You would unplug your boxes from the switcher and connect them into the HDMI ports on the television and then use the TV remote to switch between them.

When it comes to sound, to be honest most are much of a muchness, unless you are going in the top end of the ranges.
    They are not as poor as they once were and have improved greatly over the last few years.
    Due to the nature of companies wanting there screens to look as sleek as possible they have pretty much done away with putting speakers down the sides of the TV to reduce the foot print.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Tigerandahalf.

Thanks for the post.

Hi Tiger.

You have 2 set top boxes connected to a splitter via HDMI and one HDMI to your current TV? Is this correct or may I have missed something?

A new television would have 3 or 4 HDMI inputs on it depending on which you went for. 
    You would unplug your boxes from the switcher and connect them into the HDMI ports on the television and then use the TV remote to switch between them.

When it comes to sound, to be honest most are much of a muchness, unless you are going in the top end of the ranges.
    They are not as poor as they once were and have improved greatly over the last few years.
    Due to the nature of companies wanting there screens to look as sleek as possible they have pretty much done away with putting speakers down the sides of the TV to reduce the foot print.

Let me know what you think.

Hi Tiger.

You have 2 set top boxes connected to a splitter via HDMI and one HDMI to your current TV? Is this correct or may I have missed something? Correct. I just saw a tv in a store that had a hdmi switch box and it was then connected to tv.

Few questions

Where are the speakers on these tvs so?
    I find the dialogue in some films very hard to pick up and sometimes have to use subtitles. Normal tv is fine.

Is there bluetooth compatability so one could use bluetooth headphones?

How many button presses are required to switch hdmi input?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Tiger.

You have 2 set top boxes connected to a splitter via HDMI and one HDMI to your current TV? Is this correct or may I have missed something? Correct. I just saw a tv in a store that had a hdmi switch box and it was then connected to tv.

Few questions

Where are the speakers on these tvs so?
    I find the dialogue in some films very hard to pick up and sometimes have to use subtitles. Normal tv is fine.

Is there bluetooth compatability so one could use bluetooth headphones?

How many button presses are required to switch hdmi input?

Thanks
    Hi.

The speakers would be situated at the bottom of the television. Some have them on the rear also.

There is no bluetooth feature of either of the two television mentioned above.  You need to go higher in the ranges to get bluetooth built in.

Switching HDMI input is done by pressing one button and then selecting which HDMI input you want to use. It could not be more straight forward :)
    It would be done the same way you switch sources on your current TV.

Hi.

The speakers would be situated at the bottom of the television. Some have them on the rear also.

There is no bluetooth feature of either of the two television mentioned above.  You need to go higher in the ranges to get bluetooth built in.

Switching HDMI input is done by pressing one button and then selecting which HDMI input you want to use. It could not be more straight forward :)

With no bluetooth is it possible to put a bluetooth adapter into the headphone jack?

Hi.

With no bluetooth is it possible to put a bluetooth adapter into the headphone jack?
    It would indeed be possible to add a bluetooth transmitter to the headphone jack on a television. However the LG 43UJ630 does not have a headphone jack unfortunately.

The 40Mu6120 also listed above has no headphone socket.

If you went up to the Sony 43XE7002 priced at £499 you would get a headphone jack.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202702-sony-bravia-kd43xe7002.aspx?swapstore=1#tabSpecifications-tab

Hi.

It would indeed be possible to add a bluetooth transmitter to the headphone jack on a television. However the LG 43UJ630 does not have a headphone jack unfortunately.

The 40Mu6120 also listed above has no headphone socket.

If you went up to the Sony 43XE7002 priced at £499 you would get a headphone jack.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202702-sony-bravia-kd43xe7002.aspx?swapstore=1#tabSpecifications-tab

Ok with the LG 43" you linked earlier will the hdmi input source change by itself (auto detect)?

Actually I don't want that feature (I have it in my hdmi splitter) because my 2 stbs are a Saorview Connect and a freesat box. Both of these are 'on' at the same time and at the moment I am having issues where the hdmi splitter is jumping from one box to the other. I don't want this to happen.

I guess the auto detect is switching as both boxes are 'on'.

Thanks again

• Advertisement

Ok with the LG 43" you linked earlier will the hdmi input source change by itself (auto detect)?

Actually I don't want that feature (I have it in my hdmi splitter) because my 2 stbs are a Saorview Connect and a freesat box. Both of these are 'on' at the same time and at the moment I am having issues where the hdmi splitter is jumping from one box to the other. I don't want this to happen.

I guess the auto detect is switching as both boxes are 'on'.

Thanks again
    Hi Tigerandahalf,

Kenny is off today so i hope you don;t mind me replying on his behalf. We have these TVs on display and they do not have auto detect. If they change sources you need to switch it back again with the TV remote.

I hope you have found this info helpful.

Kind regards

David

Hi

Any idea of the tv remote pairing code for that LG 43" tv?

Thanks

Edit: got it sorted.

Hi

Any idea of the tv remote pairing code for that LG 43" tv?

Thanks

Edit: got it sorted.
    No problem, if you need anything else let me know.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.