If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40-43" 4k HDR Tv

Options
  • 19-02-2018 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi I am currently in the market for a 4k HDR TV, tv must have easy access switch between sat and saorview tuners, must be smart also and ability to sideload my own apps or something similiar to the smart tv app on the lg and samsung. 

Any help/ advice much appreciated. 

If you can think of an option without 4k and something you'd recommend I'm all ears.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Jayk69 wrote: »
    Hi I am currently in the market for a 4k HDR TV, tv must have easy access switch between sat and saorview tuners, must be smart also and ability to sideload my own apps or something similiar to the smart tv app on the lg and samsung. 

If you can think of an option without 4k and something you'd recommend I'm all ears.

Thanks a million
    Hi Jayk69.

You should have a look at the LG 43UJ630 priced at £349.00 - This has both freeview and satillete tuner built in. However as the TV is not freesat certified so there can be issues with the freesat EPG.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202909-lg-43uj630v.aspx

Some of the Sony's also have a sat tuner but again are not freesat approved so there may be issues with the EPG.

By sideload your own apps, what apps are you looking to load? Most manufacturers are limited to the apps that they have in their app stores.
    There is also no television that allows you to add apps from an external device eg.. USB or hard drive.

Some of the higher spec'd 8 series and above Sony televisions are android operating system which give many more apps compared to other manufacturers.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jayk69

Thanks a million
    Hi Jayk69.

You should have a look at the LG 43UJ630 priced at £349.00 - This has both freeview and satillete tuner built in. However as the TV is not freesat certified so there can be issues with the freesat EPG.

Some of the Sony's also have a sat tuner but again are not freesat approved so there may be issues with the EPG.

By sideload your own apps, what apps are you looking to load? Most manufacturers are limited to the apps that they have in their app stores.
    There is also no television that allows you to add apps from an external device eg.. USB or hard drive.

Some of the higher spec'd 8 series and above Sony televisions are android operating system which give many more apps compared to other manufacturers.

Thanks a million for that,

Just a few questions with regard to the UJ630v,

Is the change between tuner a nightmare with the LG, I quite like the Normende favourite list where you can roll them all onto one lst.

The apps I would like to install would be Snipped by Mod and possibly Plex.

is that the best price you can give me on the LG? Presume that is with 5 year warranty and free shiping to Dublin??

Thanks a million
    Hi Jayk69.

Thanks a million for that,

Just a few questions with regard to the UJ630v,

Is the change between tuner a nightmare with the LG, I quite like the Normende favourite list where you can roll them all onto one lst.

The apps I would like to install would be Snipped by Mod and possibly Plex.

is that the best price you can give me on the LG? Presume that is with 5 year warranty and free shiping to Dublin??
    Hi Jayk69.

Unfortunately you can not put both tuners on the same station list. You need to switch between the two tuners to get the different EPGs.

Unless the TV would have those apps pre loaded there would be no way to add them from an external source.
    I would need to go and have a quick check over the LG smart store to see if it has any of those apps.

Best price on the LG 43UJ630 would be the £349 and includes our 6 year guarantee and delivery free of charge.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Jayk69,

Please take a moment to read the Charter, in particular the following:

Please do not ask for advice relating to methods of obtaining TV or other media without paying subscription (or permissions from) the rightsholder - this includes but is not limited to certain Android Apps, Kodi Addons, certain IPTV services etc. These services are not offered by Richersounds and the topic is not welcome here.

I've snipped your post above accordingly, no difficulty with asking for advice about the functionality of TVs, but please bear the warning above in mind.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Jayk69

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Jayk69,

Please do not ask for advice relating to methods of obtaining TV or other media without paying subscription (or permissions from) the rightsholder - this includes but is not limited to certain Android Apps, Kodi Addons, certain IPTV services etc. These services are not offered by Richersounds and the topic is not welcome here.

I've snipped your post above accordingly, no difficulty with asking for advice about the functionality of TVs, but please bear the warning above in mind.

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Apologies, I presumed cause they asked I could have answered.

• Advertisement

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

Jayk69,

Cheers,

Ritz.
    Apologies, I presumed cause they asked I could have answered.
    Hey Jayk69.

I know this was a load of days ago but did you get sorted in the end?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.