Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lever machine ; any thoughts?

• 19-02-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Anyone with lever machine at home? Are you satisfied & how long did it take you to get nice shots out of it?

Thinking of purchasing La Pavoni and would love to see it in action...so far watched YT videos but need to try one before diving into it.

Any info appreciated. Thanks
    Michal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If you're not an enthusiast, it can be a bit offputting. You have to get a really good feel for evenly pressing the lever down. Expect a lot of bad shots before it gets good. The quality of a good shot is superb though, a whole new degree of control. They also look really beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kowalencki

J_E wrote: »
    If you're not an enthusiast, it can be a bit offputting. You have to get a really good feel for evenly pressing the lever down. Expect a lot of bad shots before it gets good. The quality of a good shot is superb though, a whole new degree of control. They also look really beautiful.

Thanks. I've had Gaggia Classic for a year now and happy with it. The only thing is it's almost 15 yo now and slowly each component is getting broken and need to invest more and more. I'm more of a enthusiast when it comes to coffee (reading books, stripping machine to check internals, experimenting with different ratios,etc.) so I think lever machine would suit me well:) Just wondering if anyone has one at home and can share some of their experience. Cheers!

Advertisement