Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over online limit transfer without visiting branch

Options
  • 19-02-2018 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello, Because I've moved outside Ireland it's not immediately possible for me to visit a branch to make a transfer over the online limits. Is it possible to authorise a family member to make the transfer in branch on my behalf with a letter or phone call? If so, what would I need to do?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Seeorr wrote: »
    Hello, Because I've moved outside Ireland it's not immediately possible for me to visit a branch to make a transfer over the online limits. Is it possible to authorise a family member to make the transfer in branch on my behalf with a letter or phone call? If so, what would I need to do?

Thanks!

Hi Seeor,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You would have two options in relation to making a transfer like this as you can't make it to a branch of Bank of Ireland.
    The first is to do multiple transfers through 365 online to make up the total amount, please keep in mind that the cut off time would be 3:30PM each working day. So if make a payment before this time you would then be able to make another payment once 3:30PM has passed.

Alternatively you can print out and fill in the interpay form I've given here. Once you have printed this out and filled it in you can then post this too your account holding branch and the advisers there should be able to process this for you.

I've given a link here that you can use to confirm the address of any branch of Bank of Ireland.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Seeorr

Thanks, I've sent a form through.

This hasn't gone well unfortunately. I sent a form to Killester on the day I posted above, and it still hasn't been actioned. I've left numerous voicemails and unfortunately missed the call the one time I got a call back. Understand that there's been disruption due to weather but this has been going on since well before that kicked in. Very frustrating and putting a property transaction at serious risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

This hasn't gone well unfortunately. I sent a form to Killester on the day I posted above, and it still hasn't been actioned. I've left numerous voicemails and unfortunately missed the call the one time I got a call back. Understand that there's been disruption due to weather but this has been going on since well before that kicked in. Very frustrating and putting a property transaction at serious risk.

Hi Seeorr,

Thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear this. Can you please send us a private message here with your name and contact number and we will forward this to the branch. Please click on the link in my signature below this post to send a private message (you may need to have signatures set to be visible in your Boards settings).

Thanks,
    Sarah

This has eventually gotten resolved. I managed to get a call back on the 9th and after a bit more back and forth, the transfer completed yesterday.. Not good that it took over three weeks but at least it's done now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

This has eventually gotten resolved. I managed to get a call back on the 9th and after a bit more back and forth, the transfer completed yesterday.. Not good that it took over three weeks but at least it's done now.

Thanks for letting us know here Seeorr, I'll certainly take note of your feedback on this and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with here.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement