Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buy a GTX 1080 recently?

Options
  • 19-02-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought one recently? if so where? how much? when? how long did it take?

Tempted to buy a GTX 1080Ti from EVGA but really don't want to spend an extra 200 more than I need to?

First time ever to build a gaming PC and can't use it because it doesn't have an integrated GPU and further GTX1080s are near impossible to get and don't want to downgrade to a 1070 nor can i pay the inflated prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Why do you need a 1080? What resolution and framerate do you run?

It's overkill for many users.

I bought one last year and it's worth more today... I screwed up by not buying EVGA tbh, the one I got is harder to find water cooling block for.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

There's always Adverts, but prices are still inflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

which 1080ti do you want from EVGA, they are all practically sold out bar kingpin models

am wondering are they all EOL with the rumoured spring intro of next gen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

sorry lads to jump in but is evga so the best one to get (for future reference) i was getting confused with all the names Asus, Evga & zotac. i already have a geforce gtx 970.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071Y78QG7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kIxJAbXY2KW0H

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

sorry lads to jump in but is evga so the best one to get (for future reference) i was getting confused with all the names Asus, Evga & zotac. i already have a geforce gtx 970.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071Y78QG7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kIxJAbXY2KW0H

Yes, probably the best in terms of customer service & upgrade program.

You can sign up for notifications on their site too
    https://eu.evga.com/products/productlist.aspx?type=0&family=GeForce+10+Series+Family&chipset=GTX+1080+Ti

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭BArra

With EVGA, you have 3 months to upgrade to a higher up model (if they have it in stock, and if they make it available) after that period you can't upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

EVGA's service is bloody brilliant I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

srsly78 wrote: »

It's overkill for many users.

BLASPHEMY !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Recently bought a EVGA 1080 SC.

Think it worked out about 700 delivered from Amazon. I am finding very little difference in prices between 1070s and 1080s when 1070 was my initial GPU for my build.

Advertisement