Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storage

Options
  • 19-02-2018 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi
    MS tell me my stream doesn't have any storage and it was made for browsing and email, so I cant add storage to it. HP tell me my computer doesn't exist.

Is any of this true, surely once I have a port I can use external storage?

TIA
    BB

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Buy a 32GB model did we? Not worth €20 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

... And another one gone, and another one gone
    Another one bites the dust…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

ED E wrote: »
    Buy a 32GB model did we? Not worth €20 to be honest.
    I'm not trusted to do that, centralised purchasing did. But now I'm stuck with it, will it work with external storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Bredabe wrote: »
    I'm not trusted to do that, centralised purchasing did. But now I'm stuck with it, will it work with external storage?

This was bought by a company/org? Whoever runs IT needs to find a new career tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Bredabe

ED E wrote: »
    This was bought by a company/org? Whoever runs IT needs to find a new career tbh.

A faceless person in our org, but as its mostly taxpayers money and they aren't struggling to use them........, I'm sure they looked good on paper.

FMI, is it known by "computer heads" that its a piece of crap?

If it runs windows at a bare minimum the system drive should be 64GB, personally I'd reject anything under 128GB.

Advertisement