Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Cleaners and Laundry

Options
  • 19-02-2018 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking into opening a laundry and wet cleaning operation in a busy town in the near future. I have got the premises and the equipment ready to go. As well as an experience staff member.

Has any one some final advise on this business,?

If so I would really love to hear what to expect.

Is it profitable? any advise on why I should not proceed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Shouldn’t you have asked these questions before taking on a premises and equipment?

I’d recommend getting in your car and travelling to Dry Cleaners in another county - or just pick up the phone. Talk to the proprietor and ask them the same questions.

Also, offer a collection/drop service for all the local offices.

Good luck to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Shouldn’t you have asked these questions before taking on a premises and equipment?

I’d recommend getting in your car and travelling to Dry Cleaners in another county - or just pick up the phone. Talk to the proprietor and ask them the same questions.

Also, offer a collection/drop service for all the local offices.

Good luck to you!

Agreed. I'd also add that many leases do not allow dry cleaning as it is considered hazmat and the pong also upsets adjoining tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mikefrommeath

Thanks Pedroe,

I will be using a wet clean process to and staying away from chemicals to avoid this.

It is a very environmentally friendly process,

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mikefrommeath

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Rachel2017

Overseas they offer 3 dollar business shirts . The premises I go to is small and the shirts are all hung up on conveyors . When I pick up my hubby's shirts she types in his name and they conveyor brings the shirts to the front of the shirt . As far as I can see their prime business is shirts . I spoke to the owner and she doesn't think there is money unless you work in it yourself . I also spotted a shoot in the wall recently . You register on line , enter the number of items you have . Put clothes in the shoot , get an email snd the clothes are delivered to your house . I think they have big manicuns in the laundrettes for steam blasting shirts . Did you look at self service laundrettes that are all over us and aus . No labour and handy for ppl in apartments that don't have washing facilities or families that want to wash items such as duvets etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement