Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card

Options
  • 19-02-2018 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, my credit card expired and was issued a new one. I went to use it in a shop on Saturday and it was declined, was told I needed to activate in a pass machine. I went to several pass machines to try and get it activated by printing off a balance and it said it couldn't process the details. Do I need to activate my card? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

BC2018 wrote: »
    Hi, my credit card expired and was issued a new one. I went to use it in a shop on Saturday and it was declined, was told I needed to activate in a pass machine. I went to several pass machines to try and get it activated by printing off a balance and it said it couldn't process the details. Do I need to activate my card? 

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to check the letter that you received with the new card and this should state if you need to activate your new credit card and if so how you can do it. If the letter doesn't say that you would have to activate your card you should then be able to use it straight away.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement