Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prelude to Cold Weather/Snow - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

These are exceptional charts, lots of snow and low temperature warnings coming for next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Anyone else’s boards acting the maggot all day?

Yeah. CSS stylesheets not loading for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

My boards is all over the place,its not loading properly and the layout changes frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

Same happening with me, I'm glued to this all day!

• Advertisement

GFS in pretty good agreement with the UKMO by +144hrs

gfs-1-144.png?12

gfs-0-144.png?12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

now online wrote: »
    Same happening with me, I'm glued to this all day!

Only happening to me on my mobile device, on my PC it is fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Mein gott, this GFS run is bringing abominable cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

So with the charts showing as they are currently wudnt it improve the chances of snow to the west and north not just the east and south?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

I'm getting chills just looking at these charts. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The risk of severe weather is increasing. Quite a bit more snow likely from Monday throughout next week on latest guidance and we'll be testing low temperature records as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Hats off to you guys in the weather forum.
    Boards hasn't been this fun and exciting in years.

Thoroughly enjoying this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    These are exceptional charts, lots of snow and low temperature warnings coming for next week.

Yes. Cherish them for the times when we have our normal crappy winter weather. Froze will be the days next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Haven't been able to get into this thread for ages! Keeps crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »

excited-baby.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

It's ok .....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

gabeeg wrote: »
    Can the ICON model streamers?

I thought that was beyond the abilities of all the models?

Models can model streamers, but in the case of the ICON just be aware that it has a drizzle bias, so if you look at its precipitation field it will usually look very light and continuous whereas in reality precipitation can be more sporadic or even absent.

Models can model streamers, but in the case of the ICON just be aware that it has a drizzle bias, so if you look at its precipitation field it will usually look very light and continuous whereas in reality precipitation can be more sporadic or even absent.

They can indeed but a lot of the time they under do the precip totals, especially when Lake effect snow is in action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

This thread is such a roller coaster, I haven't got fast enough internet at home to keep up so by the time I get in to work there's pages to read, so I went from a high to low to a new high all at once today!!

What are you lads doing to me????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

The risk of severe weather is increasing. Quite a bit more snow likely from Monday throughout next week on latest guidance and we'll be testing low temperature records as well.

That UKMO 144 would have most of the country’s max temp below freezing on wenesday
    I’m expecting equal or colder from the ECMWF tonight,the March of cold is huge and relentless,such that models have no choice but to churn out these charts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

We will and should do very well out of a set up the GFS is showing. But Jesus some parts of the UK are going to get burried

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

pilly wrote: »
    This thread is such a roller coaster, I haven't got fast enough internet at home to keep up so by the time I get in to work there's pages to read, so I went from a high to low to a new high all at once today!!

What are you lads doing to me????

It's been all uphill since yesterday afternoon. Things are really looking good this time.

We will and should do very well out of a set up the GFS is showing. But Jesus some parts of the UK are going to get
    burried

GFS is a snow machine for eastern parts of Ireland in particular. Never mind their amounts.;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

With those sort of charts and if there is snow cover and a clear night, it's possible that night time temps could reach -10C somewhere next week. Daytime temps certainly close to 0C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's been all uphill since yesterday afternoon. Things are really looking good this time.

I know, I was just about 50 pages behind. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Another thing to look out for when radar watching next week is that you can have apparent showers incoming that turn out to be essentially frozen mist which never produces any precipitation at ground level. I remember in December 2009 a few of us Cork folk were on this forum frantically typing ever more excited posts about a huge area of (we thought) snow that was incoming off the South coast but when it did arrive at about 1am precisely nothing fell. How delighted we were...... We got snow a few weeks later on 10 Jan 2010 in a now a bit forgotten cold spell at that time (dwarfed by the Dec 2010 event).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

[IMG][/img]1yo1g3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

no problems on PC for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fantasic charts on the GFS.

Could be one to remember. Roll on the ECM!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement