Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prelude to Cold Weather/Snow - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,836 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

gabeeg wrote: »
    This GFS run is so snowy that if it came to pass it would probably tip us into economic recession.

giphy.gif

I feel like this guy after looking at todays charts!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Ok, i'll put it together and send it to you to edit the OP?

Needs more appropriate title too:p

Feels like watching CNN declaring who wins presidential election

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Ok, i'll put it together and send it to you to edit the OP?

Needs more appropriate title too:p
    "Mega snowstorm bomb 2000"
    sounds catchy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

GFS seems to have the snow much more widespread across the country. Let's see what the ECM comes up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Feels really raw in Dublin city centre now, and the sky looking very cold and misty. The colder weather is well on its way it would seem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,712 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

GFS seems to have the snow much more widespread across the country. Let's see what the ECM comes up with.

Ah fcuk. Thougth we were gunna be ok on the west.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    My goldfish just stopped swimming around her bowl and has taken up hibernation at the bottom of the tank.

I think she knows there's something coming!

Sure she's not dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Guys more animal posts in this thread please

Happy to oblige. Heightened bird activity in the garden today. I have a stock of apples from Autumn still left that I put out and as I type this there is a swarm of black birds, pigeons, robins and all sorts battling it out for a peck of the apples. It's like an episode of bird wars. It's almost as though they can accutely sense time is fast running out to forage.

This just in! Two magpies swooped in and scared most of them away for a brief moment, that taught the bully bird a lesson. Meanwhile my cat is sitting on the wall 2 metres away eyeballing them and the birds are keeping a watchful eye the cat.

I'll keep you posted as the story develops.

Arbitrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

there is an area from west connemara up to about sligo where the computer model doesnt allow any snowfall throughout the week, 360 degree snow all around it throughout the entire run constantly. theres persistent heavy snowfall out to sea just due west of this area the entire time. hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lawred2 wrote: »
    nice one - not too far from me :)

Stock up on coal, it'll last longer than logs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Will someone please tell me what north cork looks like for snow on current models? PPLLEAASSEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

there is an area from west connemara up to about sligo where the computer model doesnt allow any snowfall throughout the week, 360 degree snow all around it throughout the entire run constantly. theres persistent heavy snowfall out to sea just due west of this area the entire time. hilarious.

Can we have the loan of the snow blower in the East to get a few flakes.....feeling very left out after buying salt & shovel for travelling next week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Air temp is 7°c here in cork city however the wind is after getting very cold and makes it feel a lot colder then it is. The beast is coming.

if anyone has the time there is a forecast on rte one around 5pm inbetween that daithi and maire muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Bit disappointing that the snow is coming now and not on Xmas day

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A hell of a lot better than no snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

We really are in a parallel universe up here weather wise-particularly those of us on the Mayo coast. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Will the weather be ok for this weekend?
    I need to paint my flat roof and need 2 days of dry weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I'd love to get a chance to try this in the coming week, fingers crossed that the Cork city snowshield is severely breached!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Not not really, I prefer it in feb/march because school's on lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭positron

If you live in a rural area, please remember to stock up some extra provisions.Elderly neighbours may not be that into internet/boards/weather-tracking and may not be as prepared as you are.

sunbeam wrote: »
    We really are in a parallel universe up here weather wise-particularly those of us on the Mayo coast. :-)

Yeah it looks like it will be the least snowiest place,shame,given the historic synoptics.
    Kind of losing interest now.

Cold is interesting but unless it manifests itself in some more visual way,it's kind of boring after a while.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Will the weather be ok for this weekend?
    I need to paint my flat roof and need 2 days of dry weather!

It should be dry (up to Sunady evening), but it will be cold....check the paint for recommended min. temp for application.

I knew there was going to be some purpose, sometime, to being a Weather and Construction/Planning Mod! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Congrats, you found a way to be negative!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Burts Bee wrote: »
    Will someone please tell me what north cork looks like for snow on current models? PPLLEAASSEEE

Not in the ideal location like the east but will definitely see some snow. How much impossible to predict at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,017 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's better than a kick in the hole. Although the way it's going you could up failing on your hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Bit disappointing that people continue to be negative even though they're getting what they want, never happy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It should be dry (up to Sunady evening), but it will be cold....check the paint for recommended min. temp for application.

I knew there was going to be some purpose, sometime, to being a Weather and Construction/Planning Mod! :pac:

I might leave it till paddys weekend. What will the weather be like then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

EXTREMELY COLD CONDITIONS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement